Hey all,

Sometimes I'll wanna screen wrote on a text message with a grocery list.... So I cna cross stuff off as I go.

Unfortunately, if I go to another app, the screen writing is discarded. Is there a other app that would keep it open?

If I save it first, it isn't stored in notes... Just as an image.

Thanks!
    09-26-2018 04:50 PM
    Hey all,

Sometimes I'll wanna screen wrote on a text message with a grocery list.... So I cna cross stuff off as I go.

Unfortunately, if I go to another app, the screen writing is discarded. Is there a other app that would keep it open?

If I save it first, it isn't stored in notes... Just as an image.

Thanks!
    Do you mean using the screen off memo to write on? If so, you can save that in S Notes, or open S Notes and write on there. Can highlight, cross out, etc
    09-26-2018 07:32 PM
    Do you mean using the screen off memo to write on? If so, you can save that in S Notes, or open S Notes and write on there. Can highlight, cross out, etc
    I was seeing if that world work to help the OP. I tried copying a text message and it won't let me do that.
    09-26-2018 07:40 PM
    You can do a screen write or note and use the pin it function. It will go on your home screen as a viewable note.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-26-2018 10:08 PM
    You can do a screen write or note and use the pin it function. It will go on your home screen as a viewable note.
    How do you get the Pin It function again. I didnt see it when I just made a test note.
    09-27-2018 04:27 AM
    Mine doesn't have a Pin it option. Tested both screen off memo and while screen is on.
    How do you get the Pin It function again. I didnt see it when I just made a test note.
    09-27-2018 04:32 AM
    After you save it, it's an option.
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Wrote alternate that stays open?-2097.jpg  
    09-27-2018 06:35 AM
    After you save it, it's an option.
    What's really weird is I swore I had pin as an option while using the off-screen memo during the creation of it and also in the regular S Notes area. However now I don't have that option even after saving it. I have the factory unlocked version I don't know if that has anything to do with it? I've had this phone for a month
    09-27-2018 06:58 AM
    I have the tmobile, Locked version I just got 6 days ago.
    09-27-2018 07:03 AM
    I apologize for the typo in the title, it won't let me edit it anymore. I meant to say screen write.

When I take out my pen, there's an option for screen write. When you click that it takes a screenshot of the current screen and let you write on it. It doesn't treat it as a note because you can't pin it, and when you save that, it goes right into your screenshots - not notes gallery.

It seems that my only alternative it is to start a new note and insert the screenshot of what I want to write on then it will be treated as a note. That just seems like a lot of extra steps.
    09-27-2018 08:21 AM
    After it's saved it gives you an option I think it's the top right-hand corner
    09-27-2018 08:58 AM
    After it's saved it gives you an option I think it's the top right-hand corner
    Mine doesn't. So strange. I remember beign able to pin notes to the home page and to the lock screen.
    09-27-2018 09:00 AM
    Mine doesn't. So strange. I remember beign able to pin notes to the home page and to the lock screen.
    I don't time to play around with it right now as I'm getting ready to head out. But I know it did work because I've done some a couple of weeks ago. Maybe an update took it away I don't know
    09-27-2018 09:02 AM
    I'll figure it out eventually. It's not a big deal to me just a wondering kind of thing.

I don't time to play around with it right now as I'm getting ready to head out. But I know it did work because I've done some a couple of weeks ago. Maybe an update took it away I don't know
    09-27-2018 09:13 AM
    Silly me. I didn't have AOD set to on. Once I did that, the Pin option was available.

Would be nice to pin an S Note ot the home screen though, not just AOD screen. Mine only provides the option to pin to AOD.
    09-27-2018 09:23 AM
    Maybe try Google Keep notes. You can copy and paste your text and then add returns to create check off lists.
    You can share and collaborate. I just got it, so I'm not sure of all the features.

I don't think you can pin it, but add it to your edge panel.
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Wrote alternate that stays open?-2098.jpg  
    09-27-2018 09:41 AM
    Silly me. I didn't have AOD set to on. Once I did that, the Pin option was available.

Would be nice to pin an S Note ot the home screen though, not just AOD screen. Mine only provides the option to pin to AOD.
    Oh... Mine pins to a home screen not AOD. Waiting at tmo now to try and see why I am having some Issues with my phone notifications and phone calls
    09-27-2018 11:26 AM
    On this topic - if you want a "shopping list" on you AOD. The reminder app lets you make a list of 19 items - save - then Pin to AOD. Then at the store - pull out pen - double tap the the pin icon - double tap the note. It will open in the reminder app - press 3dots - edit - then tap the square to cross off. press Save - it will ask to refresh - press refresh - and shut off screen. The adjusted list will now be the new Shopping list on the AOD. Also it looks like if put a screen shot or an older screen off memo from the Samsung Notes into the reminder app you can then pin it to the AOD. That is the only way to get the Samsung notes on to the AOD, unless you just created it on the Screen off Memo. I love the reminder app. I also discovered that the reminder app will pin to the AOD in larger font than the Samsung Notes does. Don't know why. Hope that helps anyone!
    amyf27 and mhunter6378 like this.
    10-07-2018 08:01 PM