Anyone else have this issue? I'm in the process of fixing and upgrading my wireless at home, but I'm pulling down 74mb/s when I do speed tests yet when I download Asphalt 9 it's downloading at 2MB/s, which is only like 16mb/s. Does this happen to anyone else?
    09-26-2018 07:37 PM
    Does this also happen on mobile data? Is that 2 Mbps download speed when the initial Asphalt 9 app is installing from the Play Store, or is it the additional files (if any) that the game might have to download once you've started it?
    09-26-2018 08:24 PM
    Does this also happen on mobile data? Is that 2 Mbps download speed when the initial Asphalt 9 app is installing from the Play Store, or is it the additional files (if any) that the game might have to download once you've started it?
    It's during the initial install from the play store. Not sure on the mobile data as I'm in a really bad 4G area, I only get 4-5mb/s from what I remember. I'll try it in a bit.
    09-26-2018 08:31 PM
    Hahaha, so when I test on mobile data I get 5mb/s yet when I download from the play store I'm getting 20MB/s. How is this possible? Every test I do is the same result either on wifi or not.
    09-26-2018 08:36 PM
    Hmm. Are you able to test other devices on your wi-fi network? Do they also download slowly from the Play Store, or is it just your phone?
    09-26-2018 09:37 PM
    Hmm. Are you able to test other devices on your wi-fi network? Do they also download slowly from the Play Store, or is it just your phone?
    My old S5 download the same OS speed. Laptop is fine and tests 60mb/s.
    09-27-2018 08:40 PM
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean about the S5. Is it downloading at the same speed as the Note9?
    09-27-2018 11:56 PM
    Probably a server issue on Google's side. Just cause your speed is rated at a certain download speed doesn't mean it 100% of the time. I can update 6 apps on Google 4 will be fast and 2 will seam to take forever.
    09-28-2018 01:00 AM
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean about the S5. Is it downloading at the same speed as the Note9?
    Sorry, stupid phone autocorrect. I meant it's the same on my old S5, slow app download, fast speed tests.

As far as server issue, then why is the same app 5x faster on data yet shows 5x slower speed test?
    09-28-2018 08:17 AM
    Speed test is irrelevant in real world situations. If you go in and manually set the server location you will get a different speed on each one. I did 3 different servers and got 3 different speeds. It all depends on Google server and the current load. Over wifi you could have been connected to server A(slower download speeds) over cell you could have been connected to server B(faster download speeds).

Also signal is also depending on the number and type of towers around you. Pay attention the server that is automatically connected to when you do a network speed test. It isn't the same one your wifi connected to automatically.

Seeing as how most people don't download games via cell network. That server is less congested which leads to a nice download speed, the server that you connected to, to download the game could very well possibly be closer to your location.

Things that determine download speeds are distance from server, how many other devices are downloading from that server. Also the time of day can determine you speeds as well.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-28-2018 09:32 AM