10-14-2018 08:51 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    LG made the iPhone XS Max's display which explains why it's not as good as the X's display from last year, which was manufactured by Samsung.
    Actually from what i have been reading today it was apparently Samsung... which would explain why the screen is receiving such praise. Samsung knows screens without a doubt.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    10-03-2018 11:19 AM
    I got the Note9 on the day of launch (Aug22nd) and was super satisfied with the phone until I did the Max-Xpensive mistake of trading my Note9 for an utterly boring XSMax 256 gigs. From the moment I switched to the iPhone I, on every step kept missing my awesome N9. After 5 days of use I decided to take a minor financial hit and trade my XSMax & get a new Note9. I was avid user of iPhone who have got the almost all versions (3gs, 5, 5s, 6S, 7+, X) but the phone feels so boring and basic that my Note9 feels like it is from 2025 available in 2018. Also the iPhone is so so so much expensive in India that it's impossible to justify the cost vs features of the phones. At the price point I get Note9 in India, I would scream that it's the best-super-smartphone made till now. There are many points that I can list out where I feel Note9 is far superior flagship than the XSMax or even any other flagship phone in the market.

Note9 is the complete/perfect smartphone for me. No dramas till Note10 for me.
    10-03-2018 09:55 PM
    I have just one thing to say anyone in India who buys iPhone xs max doesn't buy it for value just for social status .. how can anyone justify almost double price of iPhone max over note 9. Which is the case in India. If it was similiarly priced like US. I would have bought it. Although I know that even then it's not a superior device for my use .
    venkatg and JHStewart1023 like this.
    10-04-2018 12:30 PM
    I'm so glad someone else decided that going from Samsung galaxy anything to any iPhone was like stepping back into the dark ages. Android phones let you personalize everything. The iPhone takes five clicks to navigate a two click/tap operation on a galaxy. Customizing anything on iPhone is like a 15 minute adventure into the unknown only to find out you can't. Let alone, switching between apps or having two open on one screen (not possible w/iphone) is a pull over the car moment. No wonder so many folks are crashing using their phones while driving. They are iPhone users. It's just not as easy to navigate. Your home screen is also not very private on iPhone. You can't discretely get notifications in the up top bat. They are like news feed reels on an awkward page to view. Ugh. IPhone holds a smoldering kernel of an ember to the burning blaze of a fire that Android phones are capable of. So. Don't switch from android to the apple with a bite outta it. But convince your dumb *** apple friends to move to the fast paced world of individualized use that is way more efficient and user friendly. In fact my galaxy s6 I'm typing on loads internet and everything else way faster than my new iPhone 8plus. Will be selling 8plus and it's accessories and getting a galaxy s9 asap. I knew better. Was a complete flop of a switch. Don't try it. Not worth the headache.
    kevinpleasants and venkatg like this.
    10-11-2018 01:33 AM
    Last week, I was so sure of myself here in these forums that I would give up my Note 9 for the iPhone XS Max and I wouldn't return to the Note 9 as my daily driver. After spending a week with the 512GB gold iPhone XS Max, I felt stupid that I paid so much money for it ($1,449!) and I returned it. It had very few features when compared to the Note 9. I was getting weaker cell signal with the iPhone and the display looked like it was made by LG (Pixel 2 XL owners know what I'm talking about). It was not a good display at all. The cost value was not there for the device.

I'm glad to be back on my Note 9. I'm on the device I really want.
    So you are calling a Samsung display that was rated the best on any smart phone, crap? LOL. I see your bias in this post real well.

I own both the N9 and the Max, and both are great phones and have great displays. I have no complaints on either display. I think the display on the Max has correct colors vs the N9 though. The Max does everything I need and I have no wifi/cellular issues with AT&T especially after the 12.01 update.
    10-14-2018 11:06 AM
    So you are calling a Samsung display that was rated the best on any smart phone, crap? LOL. I see your bias in this post real well.

I own both the N9 and the Max, and both are great phones and have great displays. I have no complaints on either display. I think the display on the Max has correct colors vs the N9 though. The Max does everything I need and I have no wifi/cellular issues with AT&T especially after the 12.01 update.
    Someone in an Android forum has a bias? Oh teh horrorz.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-14-2018 01:23 PM
    The Max displays a blue shift off axis. It’s nothing as bad as the pixels but the Sammy screens don’t do this.
    10-14-2018 08:51 PM
82 ... 234