Returned to the Note 9

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Last week, I was so sure of myself here in these forums that I would give up my Note 9 for the iPhone XS Max and I wouldn't return to the Note 9 as my daily driver. After spending a week with the 512GB gold iPhone XS Max, I felt stupid that I paid so much money for it ($1,449!) and I returned it. It had very few features when compared to the Note 9. I was getting weaker cell signal with the iPhone and the display looked like it was made by LG (Pixel 2 XL owners know what I'm talking about). It was not a good display at all. The cost value was not there for the device.

I'm glad to be back on my Note 9. I'm on the device I really want.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
That's an expensive lesson. Even if the iPhone was cheaper, I wouldn't try it. At least you saw it first hand instead of just listening to the reviews.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Last week, I was so sure of myself here in these forums that I would give up my Note 9 for the iPhone XS Max and I wouldn't return to the Note 9 as my daily driver. After spending a week with the 512GB gold iPhone XS Max, I felt stupid that I paid so much money for it ($1,449!) and I returned it. It had very few features when compared to the Note 9. I was getting weaker cell signal with the iPhone and the display looked like it was made by LG (Pixel 2 XL owners know what I'm talking about). It was not a good display at all. The cost value was not there for the device.

Welcome back
I always felt the same about signal on the iPhones , Samsung was better
Is the display that bad ? I have the regular x from laster year but Samsung panel

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Hmm, thought iPhone Xs max has an almost perfect screen according to displaymate?

No. Some were made with Samsung panels and some were made with LG panels. DisplayMate must've measured the Samsung panels. There are many YouTube videos talking about the muted colors of the iPhone XS Max display. Erica Griffin has a video on that, I believe.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I always felt the same about signal on the iPhones , Samsung was better
Is the display that bad ? I have the regular x from laster year but Samsung panel

The iPhone XS Max is using Intel modems. Intel has always been inferior to Qualcomm when it comes to modems. There are many threads on MacRumors, Reddit, and Twitter about the terrible cell signal strength on the iPhone XS Max.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Aw, welcome back. We forgive you :)

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I know my iPhone 7+ with the Intel instead of Qualcomm radio had **** signal and would drop calls on LTE. Wonder if they ever fixed that. Sucked having to force calls over HSPA

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the max oled panel is manufactured by lg. Or at least the majority of it, sounds like they still don't know what they are doing.

In my experience Android has always gotten better signal. My iPhone x was like night and day, I have yet to drop a call on the note 9. That happened several times a week on the x.

Welcome back, this is such a solid phone. I don't really like Samsung at all, that speaks volumes to me!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
No. Some were made with Samsung panels and some were made with LG panels. DisplayMate must've measured the Samsung panels. There are many YouTube videos talking about the muted colors of the iPhone XS Max display. Erica Griffin has a video on that, I believe.
So wait... 1449$ for a phone that doent even have the Samsung quality display...

Easycure1974

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I have both the Note 9 and the Xs Max and in my case the Xs has the better screen by a mile. But Oled screen are always a lottery. Exchanged my Note 8 four times before I got an acceptable screen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084