I'm an American living in Japan. I have also been an iPhone user for 10 years and I finally decided that I want to make the switch over to Android. After lots of research, I've decded that I want to buy the Galaxy Note 9.
    The Note 9 has been available almost all over the world since August 24th, right? Well it's not available in Japan yet. In fact, if you go to any of the major phone carriers here they won't tell you. They claim that they don't know. I think this is BS. I have contacted Samsung's customer support a few times already. Totally useless and a waste of time. I have searched all over the place and cannot find ANYTHING that will give me any clue. I'm running out of patience. Does anyone know when this model will be available in Japan or how I can find out?
    Thank you
    10-01-2018 03:13 PM
    Note 9 released all across the flat earth
    10-01-2018 04:28 PM
    I'm an American living in Japan. I have also been an iPhone user for 10 years and I finally decided that I want to make the switch over to Android. After lots of research, I've decded that I want to buy the Galaxy Note 9.
    The Note 9 has been available almost all over the world since August 24th, right? Well it's not available in Japan yet. In fact, if you go to any of the major phone carriers here they won't tell you. They claim that they don't know. I think this is BS. I have contacted Samsung's customer support a few times already. Totally useless and a waste of time. I have searched all over the place and cannot find ANYTHING that will give me any clue. I'm running out of patience. Does anyone know when this model will be available in Japan or how I can find out?
    Thank you
    So Japan doesn't have the note 9??
    10-01-2018 05:20 PM
    Thank you
    You and I are in the same predicament. Americans in Japan ready to switch to Android. I haven’t found any info either. I went to Bic Camera in Hachioji and they acted like they didn’t know what I was talking about.

I’m going to the large SoftBank store in Omotesando this weekend and talk to someone in English.

Good luck! If you find out let us all know.
    10-01-2018 10:10 PM
    I'm not surprised. A YouTuber in Hong Kong said that Japan often doesn't get all phones available elsewhere in the world.
    10-02-2018 01:29 AM
    Doesn't Samsung have a dedicated Web site? As in samsung.com.jp. 🤔
    10-02-2018 04:53 AM
    Thank you
    I am in the exact same situation here. I went back an forth between the iPhone and the Note series. Buying the iPhone 8 was certainly a mistake! Luckily, I tripped and smashed that piece of junk. Although the phone is still working, I am ready for a new phone, but I left the US a couple of days before Samsung started shipping phones. I have asked in so many places around Tokyo, but no one seems to know anything. I tried to order it online from Samsung US, but they told me to look for it in the Samsung Japan website. I see only the ads for the phone, and the links to the phone carriers, but they only have S9 phones. Sadly, I think I might have get the XS because I need a phone right now. That ugly notch gives me chills though. Hope you guys have better luck.
    10-08-2018 01:00 PM
    I am in the exact same situation here. I went back an forth between the iPhone and the Note series. Buying the iPhone 8 was certainly a mistake! Luckily, I tripped and smashed that piece of junk. Although the phone is still working, I am ready for a new phone, but I left the US a couple of days before Samsung started shipping phones. I have asked in so many places around Tokyo, but no one seems to know anything. I tried to order it online from Samsung US, but they told me to look for it in the Samsung Japan website. I see only the ads for the phone, and the links to the phone carriers, but they only have S9 phones. Sadly, I think I might have get the XS because I need a phone right now. That ugly notch gives me chills though. Hope you guys have better luck.
    Is Japan just on the standard international model? Exynos chip etc

Perhaps you could buy from the UK or elsewhere and have them ship it to you.

There are a couple of very well known UK companies that will ship.

Clove is one company that ships, if you want to see if they ship to Japan:
    https://m.clove.co.uk/

Also, you could buy from Hong Kong and ship to Japan.
    10-08-2018 01:21 PM