Today battery is draining quicker..

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't usually let my phone get too low. But the previous charge I decided to let it get lower to see how the battery was doing. Screenshot below. Then I charged my phone last night. And now it's already gone down over 20% in two and a half hours with less than 2 hours of screen time. Such a difference from yesterday and the day before. I've been doing the usual and haven't added anything new. I run device management and I close things out the same as usual. I just restarted my phone even though it was turned on a few hours ago. I am hoping this is just a fluke.Screenshot_20181002-203235_Settings.jpg

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't usually let my phone get too low. But the previous charge I decided to let it get lower to see how the battery was doing. Screenshot below. Then I charged my phone last night. And now it's already gone down over 20% in two and a half hours with less than 2 hours of screen time. Such a difference from yesterday and the day before. I've been doing the usual and haven't added anything new. I run device management and I close things out the same as usual. I just restarted my phone even though it was turned on a few hours ago. I am hoping this is just a fluke.View attachment 291530
And now... Screenshot_20181003-124741_Settings.jpg

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
No one else has had this issue and had a way to fix it. I'm now down to 57%. My phone's been restarted a couple of times and it hasn't helped.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
You had like 2 hours screen on time with 2 hours 46 minutes off the charger. You were still on pace for 9-10 hours SOT. How is that bad? If you are using your phone 80% of the day, there's no way it's going over 24 hours.
Maybe I'm missing something here.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Are stats aren't the same but yesterday mine went down noticeably faster than usual with my normal usage. Today, I'm at 14 1/2 hours on battery, 2:49 SOT and 48% battery. At this rate it looks like I'd have about 5 hours SOT if I let the phone run all the way down. That's not near as good as many are getting and I don't let my phone get below 25% if I can help it/think about it.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
How are you getting such high SOT? I'm finishing consistently around 24 hours off charge with 3.5 hours of SOT and that leaves me with about 20% battery. Why am I not getting even half of your SOT?

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So for comparison... Yesterday 22+ hrs on the battery with over 8 hrs SOT. Battery at 12%. Don't think that will be close today...

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
And ? Your screen has been on for 7 hours. What issue do you think you have ?
See previous screen shots. Battery is draining quicker than usual and similar usage. Had 22 hrs on battery with over 8 hrs SOT yesterday. Won't make that today.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
See previous screen shots. Battery is draining quicker than usual and similar usage. Had 22 hrs on battery with over 8 hrs SOT yesterday. Won't make that today.

That can happen due to various things such as cell signal.

There's nothing wrong.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay... For you. For me yes

Battery won't stay the exact same every day. There are many factors that make it change. If I watch 5 hours of videos one day on LTE I'll have less life versus 5 hours of a Kindle book....

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Battery won't stay the exact same every day. There are many factors that make it change. If I watch 5 hours of videos one day on LTE I'll have less life versus 5 hours of a Kindle book....
Yes... But I had said it was similar usage. Nothing extreme

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes... But I had said it was similar usage. Nothing extreme

And as I said cell signal could play a factor.. or could have gotten more push stuff from Facebook and such.

IDK what else to say and doubt anyone else will really either since your battery life is pretty good to be honest.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
And as I said cell signal could play a factor.. or could have gotten more push stuff from Facebook and such.

IDK what else to say and doubt anyone else will really either since your battery life is pretty good to be honest.
I have been home all day and on wifi. Guess I will see what tomorrow brings lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge