Today battery is draining quicker..

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
My battery life had been great, was getting roughly 6 hrs SOT for about a week, now this was today. Same usage as the past week. My Android system, would never go above 3%, not its equal to my SOT. Bummed I got kissed by the Android system bug

Can't you disable Android System?

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I've tried everything and this battery is awful at least in my case. I contacted tech support at ATT and they're useless.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My battery yesterday took a big hit and I couldn't figure out why. I remembered I turned on Samsungs found my phone and I think that was the culprit, I turned that off and it seems that my battery life has turned for the better (knock on wood).

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
My battery yesterday took a big hit and I couldn't figure out why. I remembered I turned on Samsungs found my phone and I think that was the culprit, I turned that off and it seems that my battery life has turned for the better (knock on wood).

Are you not concerned of not being able to track it if lost or stolen ?

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Yeah AND no... Really..
Depends on screen brightness/location/bluetooth/signal strength .. etc.

You could probably push 10 hour SoT tweaking usage and settings

Location high accuracy, 40% brightness, no BT, mix of wifi/LTE. 6 hours SOT with 40% battery left.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I actually got a brand replacement note 9. I literally didn't charge my phone until 10pm last night. Took it off the charger around 2am last night and standby drain sucks. Don't get why it drained 10 percent while idle.Screenshot_20181014-090727_Settings.jpeg

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually got a brand replacement note 9. I literally didn't charge my phone until 10pm last night. Took it off the charger around 2am last night and standby drain sucks. Don't get why it drained 10 percent while idle.View attachment 292186
If you want great standby time, you should probably consider turning off AOD. While it doesn't consumers huge amounts of battery in comparisons to someone actively 7 using their phone, it still uses a lot compared to a phone just sitting idle. You can click on AOD and it will show you how many mAh of battery it's used.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
If you want great standby time, you should probably consider turning off AOD. While it doesn't consumers huge amounts of battery in comparisons to someone actively 7 using their phone, it still uses a lot compared to a phone just sitting idle. You can click on AOD and it will show you how many mAh of battery it's used.
You're right it was using 168mah. I disabled it for now and I'll see if it gets better. Appreciate the tip.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You're right it was using 168mah. I disabled it for now and I'll see if it gets better. Appreciate the tip.
In my experience, AOD uses about 1% per hour give or take a little. I have turned it off in the past but find it useful so I just leave it on now. For those times where I'm not actively using my phone or won't be for a while I just place the phone face down. When the proximity sensor is covered, such as when face down, AOD is turned off.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In my experience, AOD uses about 1% per hour give or take a little. I have turned it off in the past but find it useful so I just leave it on now. For those times where I'm not actively using my phone or won't be for a while I just place the phone face down. When the proximity sensor is covered, such as when face down, AOD is turned off.

I set my AOD on a schedule from 8:30 am until 9pm