NWEAS message

jmorris1974

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
For those of us in the states, we just got a message from the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. Did anyone else have the message show up in Samsung Messages first before getting it on your default text messaging app?

jmorris1974

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I just thought it was weird that it showed up in both my messaging apps. I got the lock screen message like Amber alerts and severe weather, but when I clicked on it, it opened up in Samsung Messages first and then showed up in Android messages a few minutes later.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My phone was on silent, but a lot from the cafeteria I was at did go off. I checked my phone by pressing the power button and the message was on the screen. Disappeared once I pressed OK.
It is still in my stock message app.

My Gear S3 did not get it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the stupid thing I got it five or six times because I kept swiping it away and wouldn't click on okay. So the noise kept going off and I couldn't get back into my messages. Someone told me to do a restart on my phone so I did and I deleted the message from my message app. But then the sound alert kept going off a couple more times without the pop-up text message. I do not approve of these messages and did not want to click on okay. If they want to send it as a security message or a national message alert that's fine. But do not have a need to put the word presidential on it SMH. I finally had to hit the stupid okay button in order for it to go away.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I received it on my phone as an alert. I also received it about a minute later on my Gear S as a text message, which was not even connected to my Note 9. But not in my text messaging app on my phone.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I only got the on screen alert & hit ok. Went into emergency alert settings and saw the alert there, tried to screenshot it. Got, "Can't take screenshot due to security policy."

Centerman66

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Options that come to mind:

Carrier isn't configured correctly to send them. (Bug at carrier)
OR non-US carrier/SIM
OR phone is off
OR sorry to tell you this, but you didn't make the list of those to save. LOL
I think the most likely possibility is the last one

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I got it. But there was no alert, message ringtone or notification. I happened to notice it when I went into my text app.