There's always talk of Screen on Time, but how is your Standby time?

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I dunno, I just love battery talk. In most of the battery threads there is talk about how much screen time you get, but no one seems to talk about standby time.

On my Note 4, screen on time was okay, standby time was horrible. Compared to my iPhone 6 at the time. It got crushed in Standby, even with Doze.

I only just moved to the Note 9 a few days ago so I'm not sure what optimizations Oreo / Samsung experience brought, but I LOVE it.

My battery anxiety is literally at rest. I can easily go 24 hours with no worries. I'm a moderate user. Texting mostly, web browsing, social media, picture taking and music. No games, no streaming.

Standby has been phenomenal. Facebook, Instagram, Gmail, Twitter, Messenger and OkCupid are all logged in and poll information as normal. On Android Marshmallow, Facebook would eat up battery without even opening. Now it's very modest 3% with actual use. Lol.

Before it would be 15% with me never opening.

How are you guys' standby time looking? I'm curious to see how Android OS and Android System stack up as well. That was another drain on Marshmallow. Both would always been above Screen in %, now Screen for me is always first no matter what.

Attachments

• 3213.jpg
    3213.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 23

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2