Is This Battery Life Pretty Pathetic?

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This was over the weekend. I only went out Friday night. The rest of the weekend I was home. I have an iPad and Laptop and a Switch to distract me from my phone. 56 hours of runtime is fine for me.

Attachments

• 3285.jpg
    3285.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 74

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This was over the weekend. I only went out Friday night. The rest of the weekend I was home. I have an iPad and Laptop and a Switch to distract me from my phone. 56 hours of runtime is fine for me.

Can't figure out how to delete but here's the final number before I had to plug in. It was actually 62 hours of runtime with an additional one hour screen.

Attachments

• 3358.jpg
    3358.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 62

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
There's so many elements that determine battery life. Always on Display was cute at first, but not really needed. That right there is a somewhat decent chunk of standby.

Also if your phone is your primary device you won't see 2+ days. When I'm at home I use my iPad + laptop for browsing. I'll use my phone for texting and occasionally Android Central at home. (Love the app better than website.)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If you you're picking your phone up every 5-10 minutes, you won't get that deep sleep that people not using their phones much will have. This is why the standby idle time is so much better for those doing this and the phone will last 2+ days off the charger.

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I’m getting about 6.5-7 hours of SOT on my iPhone XS max per day whereas I was getting 5.5-6 on my Note 9 prior. The Note 9 was returned.

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine is awful this is from the past few days but been going on a lot longer than that View attachment 291958View attachment 291958

There is a possibility that your physical battery is bad. On the Note 4 I thought people were BS'ing when they got 6-7 hours and I barely got more than 3.5 on conditioned settings. It was the battery. Out of the box it was trash. A new one and I was able to get 5 as an average.

Unfortunately it's not as si.ple as popping off the cover and installing a new battery.

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
So, you returned your Note 9 because you were getting 0.5-1 hr more SOT on a different platform?

Not just the battery, but the overall fluidity; performance and optimization of apps.

For instance and for whatever reason, in the Android Facebook app on my Note 9, it doesn’t let a user delete a posted comment on someone else’s thread. That’s ridiculous. In addition, it does not let one sort comments by newest first. This is just FB. No issues on the IOS apps. Not sure why the discrepancy.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
It's all about usage. My wife gets about 5-6 hours sot and I get 8 plus.
Im frugal, have most things turned off like high accuracy, mobile data at home ( weak cell signal ) black AMOLED wallpaper and substratum black themes etc... No social media either.

Where had she has everything on. Inc Facebook white default screen , high brightness. She don't care. Her phone works for her, whereas I appear to work for my phone

In all honesty the battery bump from 3300 to 4000mAh doesn't equate to mutiple hours of SOT. Probably in real life terms longer stand by and a little more sot, about an hour at most more. I'm merely comparing my note 8 usage to the note 9. I remember when my note 8 was new , I got 8 hours sot a few times,, then after about a few months it slowly declined and settled to approx 6-7 sot.

Last edited:

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's all about usage. My wife gets about 5-6 hours sot and I get 8 plus.
Im frugal, have most things turned off like high accuracy, mobile data at home ( weak cell signal ) black AMOLED wallpaper and substratum black themes etc... No social media either.

Where had she has everything on. Inc Facebook white default screen , high brightness. She don't care. Her phone works for her, whereas I appear to work for my phone

In all honesty the battery bump from 3300 to 4000mAh doesn't equate to mutiple hours of SOT. Probably in real life terms longer stand by and a little more sot, about an hour at most more. I'm merely comparing my note 8 usage to the note 9. I remember when my note 8 was new , I got 8 hours sot a few times,, then after about a few months it slowly declined and settled to approx 6-7 sot.

Lol I think if we just used these phones as intended like your wife does we'd all be saner.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
That's what my wife does with her iPhone. Full brightness most of the time and plug in when it's completely dead.
She also uses fast wireless charging over night which in my books is sacrilege in itself.

But I remember examining her note 8 after she (ab)used it for over a year, the battery capacity health was at 97% and the screen didn't have any burn in suprisingly. So all was good.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
There is a possibility that your physical battery is bad. On the Note 4 I thought people were BS'ing when they got 6-7 hours and I barely got more than 3.5 on conditioned settings. It was the battery. Out of the box it was trash. A new one and I was able to get 5 as an average.

Unfortunately it's not as si.ple as popping off the cover and installing a new battery.
Well I master reset my phone and restored everything and a lot better sincr. but I have a replacement coming to me. Dont think its performing at its best battery wise.Screenshot_20181011-133711_Settings.jpeg

andreasmp

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I have worst battery life with the note 9 than any other phone I've ever had! I never get more than 4 hours SOT and I've barely used it today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181011-192522_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181011-192522_Settings.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 43

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2