Is This Battery Life Pretty Pathetic?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I DO keep my screen brightness all the way up to the red zone. I won't compromise that. Screen resolution is all the way up too.

Screenshot_20181008-223044_Settings.jpg

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
I'm getting about 24 hours off charger with 4 hours SOT and I'm around 20%. Not sure if that's good either. My brightness isn't even halfway. It's around 40%.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OMGosh! That's crazy!

I live in the country. Rarely us wifi. Cell signal isn't the best. Usually 2 bars. Do you see anything in my screenshot that stands out as a problem?

No I dont see any issues
How low you let the battery go down before charging?

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
That's almost 6 hours of screen on with max brightness and always on display on if you go all the way down.

You've been on battery for 11 hours which covers most work shifts with juice left for the trip home.

This looks normal.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
That's almost 6 hours of screen on with max brightness and always on display on if you go all the way down.

You've been on battery for 11 hours which covers most work shifts with juice left for the trip home.

This looks normal.

No, it's just 4 hours of SOT. I guess you're counting AOD. That's supposed to use so little battery that it's hardly worth talking about. If I had it off, I think I'd use more battery by checking the time and to see if I had any notifications. Isn't that the purpose of AOD?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
No, it's just 4 hours of SOT. I guess you're counting AOD. That's supposed to use so little battery that it's hardly worth talking about. If I had it off, I think I'd use more battery by checking the time and to see if I had any notifications. Isn't that the purpose of AOD?

I think 4 hours is pretty good for having the screen brightness so high. I have found that using AOD has very little impact on the battery. Screen brightness cranked all the way up on the other hand, especially if you are watching videos, can be a battery killer on any phone.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think he meant 6 hours total screen time if you kept using the phone before it dies.
My question is...why is the camera usage so high? I've never seen it listed second in battery usage. That may have something to do with the overall battery stats on that particular cycle.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine is decent ( i unplug my phone at 6 am, probably use about 3 to 4 hours of screen time and it generally has around 20% when i plug it back in around 9pm) but I keep my screen around 50%. Full brightness is too bright for me.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I see folks getting 1-2 days out of there battery. I'm lucky if I get a day out of mine. I do light gaming but not a ton. My screen on time varies from 40 minutes to 2 hours give or take. I commute into the city every day M-F and i stream music do some youtube, radio.com sports radio streaming and some texting on that commute. I get to work im down to 81% and by the time i leave my office at 4pm its down to like 60%. Its on standby and the draining stinks. I've wiped cache partition three times. Close out my apps have apps asleep under device maintenance. I run it daily and cannot seem to figure out why I am getting such awful battery life. I am still trying to figure out how you folks get such great battery life. Hard reset is the last resort because its time consuming and the device is a month old and dont see a point in trying it yet. I've been trying to use accubattery but haven't found it very useful just yet. GSAM battery is pretty useless since 8.0 update.

Also - i'm on AT&T 128gb galaxy note 9 and no my service is not low and no i do not have wifi and bluetooth or any toggles that shouldn't be on when not in use. I don't believe I have a defective device.

Any help or additional suggestions is appreciated.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I see folks getting 1-2 days out of there battery. I'm lucky if I get a day out of mine. I do light gaming but not a ton. My screen on time varies from 40 minutes to 2 hours give or take. I commute into the city every day M-F and i stream music do some youtube, radio.com sports radio streaming and some texting on that commute. I get to work im down to 81% and by the time i leave my office at 4pm its down to like 60%. Its on standby and the draining stinks. I've wiped cache partition three times. Close out my apps have apps asleep under device maintenance. I run it daily and cannot seem to figure out why I am getting such awful battery life. I am still trying to figure out how you folks get such great battery life. Hard reset is the last resort because its time consuming and the device is a month old and dont see a point in trying it yet. I've been trying to use accubattery but haven't found it very useful just yet. GSAM battery is pretty useless since 8.0 update.

Also - i'm on AT&T 128gb galaxy note 9 and no my service is not low and no i do not have wifi and bluetooth or any toggles that shouldn't be on when not in use. I don't believe I have a defective device.

Any help or additional suggestions is appreciated.

I have the same phone on ATT and average 5.5 to 6 hours of SoT on 16-18 hour day. I use AOD which contributes to about 1 -1.5 % drain per hour, so agree standby isn't great.
I use a mix of WiFi and cell with areas of coverage which is pretty bad and lots of bluetooth usage.

Attachments

• 10384.jpg
    10384.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 214

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I think he meant 6 hours total screen time if you kept using the phone before it dies.
My question is...why is the camera usage so high? I've never seen it listed second in battery usage. That may have something to do with the overall battery stats on that particular cycle.

Yes that's what I meant. That's actually fantastic battery life of you ask me. I could barely get 4 on my Note 4 out of the box without heavy modification.

When it comes to 2 day battery life you have to really think this out.

If you are getting 8 hours of screen time PER DAY, you aren't going to see 2 day battery life. 8 hours of screen is 1/3 rd of the day. It is possible to get a day or 2 of battery with up to 8 hours of screen on PER CHARGE. Absolutely. This is the norm.

I use my phone for about 3-4 hours a day. That's about 7-8 hours of screen in between 24-48 hours. If I used my phone for 8 hours in one day I would not see more than 24 hours.

Those who receive higher battery over time use their phone less per day. Heavy users will see all day battery life at most.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If in a weak signal area and allowing background data and using for apps, battery life on any phone will suck.

Battery life for my Verizon networked N9 512 is a little better than my S9+. Good battery life.