Pixel 3 whose switching?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Had a Nexus 5 for a short while back in their day. Had a Pixel 2XL for a short while when it came out. Both were nice devices but not really for me. Not giving up the feature rich Note.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Seriously. I feel like getting a used pixel 2 for dirt cheap for
new software updates is wiser. Lol.

Don't get me wrong. I love my note 9. The horrible update situation from Samsung is what upsets me every time I see some kind of software announcement from Google.

You're putting WAY too much emphasis on OS updates.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You're putting WAY too much emphasis on OS updates.
I remember my first and only Google phone and it was the Nexus 4. Sure software updates can be a good thing but I remember a few times there were major bugs that took about a month to get fixed such as with the phone dialer screen. They left it unfinished and it only took up half the screen leaving whatever was open under it, showing so it was distracting and ugly. These bugs get fixed by the time we get the update on Samsung phones.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The note 9 is perfect I dont understand why Google put a huge notch on there phone. That notch will be available to disable but it's still taking away from the phone. The note 9 had excellent battery but the only thing Google is great at is software updates and amazing camera software.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Google is like the government, it doesn't even try to compete with the open market. There's very little that I find enticing about this notch monstrosity 3xl.

sp44

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I think it's funny that people think you need more than 4GB of RAM. Pixel 2 XL was fine with that. You only need extra when you cram so much stuff into a phone like Samsung. The Pixel 3 XL will be fine with 4GB's.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
They somehow managed to make that notch look uglier than on the iPhone. I really don't understand these phones that are coming out that mimic the notch. It's not necessary and really, the idea that the notch is some sort of status symbol that I've been hearing is hilarious. Please Samsung, don't ever consider it and please don't get rid of the headphone jack!

The ads for the iPhone with the planet was designed to actually make you forget about the notch - by presenting a picture that will show you the height of the screen but not the notch.

Richard Stewart79

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
Can't stand the notch, plus idc about android pie. Nothing wrong with what note 9 has right now. Stock android is ugly. Samsung experience is much better. More features

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence. I have always purchased 2 phones a year. That would be a Samsung S phone and then the Google Pixel. This year I sold my S9+ for the Note 9. I'm interested in the Pixel 3 but I'm not overly excited about the changes. I'll wait for some of the people that purchased a BOGO from Verizon. I paid $790 for my Note 9 less than 2 weeks after launch. Maybe the Pixel will drop in price. If not I'll stick with the Note 9.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol