Flashing pen icon

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Just did my weekly restart and noticed a flashing pen icon next to my signal bar top right of phone. First time I noticed this. Any idea what it is? It was only flashing for a few seconds and stopped. S Pen is fully charged I actually haven't even used it in a while.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Just did my weekly restart and noticed a flashing pen icon next to my signal bar top right of phone. First time I noticed this. Any idea what it is? It was only flashing for a few seconds and stopped. S Pen is fully charged I actually haven't even used it in a while.
I've only noticed my phone doing that once and it never did it again. It was on restart also.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's happened to me and I turn the phone off each night, and on again each morning, but I tend to ignore the phone whilst it's going through it's set up - I'm wondering if the pen symbol shows because it's going through a self check. Did you remove it at some point prior to turning the phone off?

That is, remove the phone and use it, or just check it out.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's happened to me and I turn the phone off each night, and on again each morning, but I tend to ignore the phone whilst it's going through it's set up - I'm wondering if the pen symbol shows because it's going through a self check. Did you remove it at some point prior to turning the phone off?

That is, remove the phone and use it, or just check it out.

Haven't removed it in over a week.

kptsalami

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The S Pen connects to the note 9 via bluetooth low energy(LE) (that's why when u turn off bluetooth you can still use the s pen fully), whenever you restart your phone the s pen has to reconnect to the phone via bluetooth LE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781