Microsoft Exchange Settings

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I have an office 365 account for work and it is working fine. When I added the exchange account, it asked me to set sync settings, including how often to sync, how long to keep messages on the phone,etc.

For the life of me, I can’t find out how to change those settings, now.

I go to accounts and select the exchange account, but it only allows me to turn sync on or off for emails, contacts, etc. The three dot menu has nothing interesting, and long pressing on any choice does not do anything.

I use Outlook for work mail and Gmail for personal email.

I suppose I could delete the account and start over, but it should not be necessary.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
R

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Guys ... I kind of answered my own question...

The settings can be found in the device Email app. But there is no need for me to have email in both this app as well as the Outlook app (which is better).

However, if I delete the exchange account, I am not able to access the contacts on my work server.

The outlook account only seems to work for email and calendar...

Any further advice?

Thanks,
R

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Nine mail with an exchange account and have never configured any other app for that account. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your setup, why must you have Outlook or the Native app configured on your device?

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I use Nine mail with an exchange account and have never configured any other app for that account. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your setup, why must you have Outlook or the Native app configured on your device?

This, I use Outlook for my work email and have never set it up in the Samsung email app, nor is it anywhere in the Samsung email app.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, for work I use the stock Email/Exchange app. I dont have any other apps on the phone that pl my work emails. I see all of my work contacts and it's set to sync 3 or 4 folders and syncs as items come in.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

If you start the Email app, I’ll bet your emails have been going there as well...

I can delete the Outlook app of course. The issue is that the exchange service should be used for whatever app I want..

R

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, for work I use the stock Email/Exchange app. I dont have any other apps on the phone that pl my work emails. I see all of my work contacts and it's set to sync 3 or 4 folders and syncs as items come in.

Yup... I agree.

What if I want to NOT use the stock app and only use the Outlook app... know what I mean?

R

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, can't even get into the stock email app without going through the configure account process.

If you delete the exchange account from all apps in your device and then configure in the app you want to use you should be good to go. I like Nine mail best by far, it is very customizable and only works with exchange accounts.
If you start the Email app, I’ll bet your emails have been going there as well...

I can delete the Outlook app of course. The issue is that the exchange service should be used for whatever app I want..

R

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12