I'm currently sporting my Defender, but I miss my Samsung Rugged case.

Anyway, which would you pick if you have to chose one?

Has anyone dropped their phone in the Samsung Rugged case and would you trust the rugged case on a fall? Lips are fine but the sides are more exposed and pretty thin as well so shock might be an issue too.

Which should I go with? I love the built in kickstand by drop protection with it concerns me.
    10-15-2018 12:24 AM
    Well I have the Defender Pro so that's my choice. I have dropped dit in that case. Zero damage. Great drop protection. Nice feel in the hand, great side protection as well.
    10-15-2018 06:05 AM
    Well I have the Defender Pro so that's my choice. I have dropped dit in that case. Zero damage. Great drop protection. Nice feel in the hand, great side protection as well.
    Do you have a WhiteStone dome installed with the Pro?
    10-15-2018 03:47 PM
    Do you have a WhiteStone dome installed with the Pro?
    No. I don't like screen protectors and never use them on my devices.
    adegbenroagoro likes this.
    10-15-2018 04:05 PM
    No. I don't like screen protectors and never use them on my devices.
    Unless you carry it in a purse or in a pocket with other items you really don't need one, especially if the case has raised edges like the Defender.

Only downside is no kickstand built into the Defender case that the Rugged case from Samsung has.
    10-15-2018 04:28 PM
    Unless you carry it in a purse or in a pocket with other items you really don't need one, especially if the case has raised edges like the Defender.

Only downside is no kickstand built into the Defender case that the Rugged case from Samsung has.
    Not necessarily. My buddy at work dropped his defender with his S8+ and it landed face down on a rock and cracked his screen.
    10-16-2018 01:23 PM
    Not necessarily. My buddy at work dropped his defender with his S8+ and it landed face down on a rock and cracked his screen.
    Yea, a rock will do that unless you want a case with a 9 inch deep lip lol. Depending on the height of the drop will be a factor too due to gravity. If you dropped it from 6 feet up and it landed on a rock no screen protector will protect that. I'm talking general drops on flat or almost flat surfaces.
    amyf27 likes this.
    10-16-2018 03:20 PM
    Defender. Reliable and best protection you can get. My s9 has survived several nasty drops on concrete even face down without a scratch.
    adegbenroagoro likes this.
    10-17-2018 06:23 AM
    Defender. Reliable and best protection you can get. My s9 has survived several nasty drops on concrete even face down without a scratch.
    Do you think the Samsung Rugged case would survive the same falls like your phone done? I have my doubts due to how hard the case is and the lack of side protection and smaller lip. This is why I keep going back to my Defender. I thought about giving the Supcase Unicorn Beetle a try too. Armadillotek also provides all around protection but their screen protector is garbage on it.
    10-17-2018 11:21 AM
    I can't answer that, I've never used the Rugged but the Defender seems better constructed
    10-17-2018 07:17 PM
    I'm currently sporting my Defender, but I miss my Samsung Rugged case.

Anyway, which would you pick if you have to chose one?

Has anyone dropped their phone in the Samsung Rugged case and would you trust the rugged case on a fall? Lips are fine but the sides are more exposed and pretty thin as well so shock might be an issue too.

Which should I go with? I love the built in kickstand by drop protection with it concerns me.
    I dropped my note 9 w the Samsung rugged case on to concrete twice. Only thing messed up was some dents in the case on the corners. Thankfully there was no gravel around but I was surprised the phone was still perfect.
    10-20-2018 10:33 AM
    I dropped my note 9 w the Samsung rugged case on to concrete twice. Only thing messed up was some dents in the case on the corners. Thankfully there was no gravel around but I was surprised the phone was still perfect.
    Ouch. So it didn't fall screen first? That is the downside to the harder constructed cases is they can get dings in them. The defender being softer doesn't have that problem really.

The defender style cases I feel can absorb shock more with that two layer design than a one piece hard case like the rugged case.
    10-20-2018 05:48 PM
    to me, get a random case, with tempered glass makes Thanos phone
    Beansr519 likes this.
    12-27-2018 09:25 AM