With my Note 9 it looks like Samung have abandoned handwriting to text as a functional input. Up through the Note 4 line (at least) pen input was a selected option on the Samsung keyboard. It allowed direct handwritten input without jumping through the half-assed convert and copy in the S Note app. WTH? Am I missing something or is real, integrated capability a dead thing? What a shame to lose that time saving capability.
    10-20-2018 07:34 AM
    Answered my own question. The feature is still part of the Samsung keyboard, it's just not immediately obvious if you use the predictive text feature, too. you must first click the"happy face" at the left end of the keyboard toolbar in order to display the input option list.

With my Note 9 it looks like Samung have abandoned handwriting to text as a functional input. Up through the Note 4 line (at least) pen input was a selected option on the Samsung keyboard. It allowed direct handwritten input without jumping through the half-assed convert and copy in the S Note app. WTH? Am I missing something or is real, integrated capability a dead thing? What a shame to lose that time saving capability.
    10-20-2018 11:10 AM