Best guess at Black Friday deals on Note 9?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Of your going to keep it for 2 years that's a great price. However if you plan on upgrading in a year or sooner it makes more sense to get it from Best buy. Currently it's 300 off and it's instant. I just picked up the 128 new for 699.
Sorry I do not have an idea when it ends.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I got the Black 512GB AT&T Version back on 11/2 just before Samsung's (up to) $600.00 Off deal ran out on 11/3 for $709.99 - traded in my Note 8. Bought it outright with no installments... saw the deal about to close on a TV Ad and grabbed it!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I read yesterday that you can pay off your phone at any time using the payment plan.
If that's the case, that means I can buy the phone at best buy on the Verizon payment plan at a total of $700 over 24 months, then pay it off the next day, still paying $700 instead of $1000.

Has anyone done it that way?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I read yesterday that you can pay off your phone at any time using the payment plan.
If that's the case, that means I can buy the phone at best buy on the Verizon payment plan at a total of $700 over 24 months, then pay it off the next day, still paying $700 instead of $1000.

Has anyone done it that way?
This is incorrect. Verizon plans like this charge the full price, then issue bill credits for the duration of the payment plan that total the advertised savings. If you pay it off early, you pay the remainder of the full balance and lose the monthly bill credits. For example, this is the payoff for the new N9 I ordered last night with the $400 off promo. Notice it's still showing the full price in the first screenshot because I haven't made any payments yet. In the second, you see the full price based monthly payment with a separate line item for the bill credit.Capture%2B_2018-11-24-09-26-52.jpegCapture%2B_2018-11-24-09-30-49.jpeg

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
@Mooncatt

Are you sure?
That seems to be true for buying it thru Verizon (since you mentioned the $400).
Buying at best buy is $300 off, it says nothing of bill credits.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The deal is up. However, after reading through the fine print, it appears that it is just like Verizon's snake promotion where the $400 off is spread over 24 months of bill credits. So to receive the full $400 off, you have to keep the phone for 2 years. If you plan to do so, I would jump on this or the same deal that is live at Verizon. If you are going to sell next year, like myself, I would avoid this and go with the $300 off from Best Buy.
Wasn't the 300 at Best Buy also spread over 24 months? I'm feeling like I blew it not going for the 400 off at Best Buy. The thing is I went in to buy an XS then I was so pissed after waiting in line & finding out only the X was on sale that I didn't even check out the Note 9. I prefer the looks and camera of iPhone but the features and price of Note is such I feel like I should have grabbed it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
@Mooncatt

Are you sure?
That seems to be true for buying it thru Verizon (since you mentioned the $400).
Buying at best buy is $300 off, it says nothing of bill credits.
Ok, I think you're right. I've never bought through Best Buy, so I double checked their info. They give you the option to buy outright and still get the sale price, so it would only make sense that you could get the sale and pay it off early with no penalty like you would with Verizon.

In our case, we are fine keeping phones 2 years or more, so it works out for us to get the extra $100 off on the Verizon promo. I'm pretty sure the trade in credit was a bit more through them. $131 through Verizon, and I think only $100 through BB.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I think you're right. I've never bought through Best Buy, so I double checked their info. They give you the option to buy outright and still get the sale price, so it would only make sense that you could get the sale and pay it off early with no penalty like you would with Verizon.

In our case, we are fine keeping phones 2 years or more, so it works out for us to get the extra $100 off on the Verizon promo. I'm pretty sure the trade in credit was a bit more through them. $131 through Verizon, and I think only $100 through BB.

Thanks. I understand that the path you took works best for you.
I don't know if I'd keep it 2 years or not, I just hate being contractually obligated.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Can you link to that option? All I see is 24 payment plan. I see no 300 off on full price payment. They do have 200 off unlocked full price. I tried to buy on their app and website but only 300 off option is 24 payments.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
This is incorrect. Verizon plans like this charge the full price, then issue bill credits for the duration of the payment plan that total the advertised savings. If you pay it off early, you pay the remainder of the full balance and lose the monthly bill credits. For example, this is the payoff for the new N9 I ordered last night with the $400 off promo. Notice it's still showing the full price in the first screenshot because I haven't made any payments yet. In the second, you see the full price based monthly payment with a separate line item for the bill credit.View attachment 294593View attachment 294594

Read the fine print at Best Buy. They will do it both ways. If it says instant than you can pay it off right away. If it says credits then they are just running the concurrent discount that's being offered at Verizon. I've done it several times with the instant and it worked perfectly.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
For those wondering, Best Buy’s promo price is always an instant down payment. I decided to go the cheapest route and get the 64GB Pixel 3XL for $499 on Black Friday. It was $400 off at Best Buy which was too good of a deal to pass up. Today I checked the My Verizon app. The attached image is what it looks like:

I will never ever EVER buy another phone through a Verizon promotion ever again until they change how they do things. I will only buy from Best Buy Mobile now.

Most people that got this deal can now just pay off the phone through Verizon for $499.

Attachments

• CA3F7A02-5917-426D-956A-63EF9820C48C.jpg
    CA3F7A02-5917-426D-956A-63EF9820C48C.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 27

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
For those wondering, Best Buy’s promo price is always an instant down payment. I decided to go the cheapest route and get the 64GB Pixel 3XL for $499 on Black Friday. It was $400 off at Best Buy which was too good of a deal to pass up. Today I checked the My Verizon app. The attached image is what it looks like:

I will never ever EVER buy another phone through a Verizon promotion ever again until they change how they do things. I will only buy from Best Buy Mobile now.

Most people that got this deal can now just pay off the phone through Verizon for $499.
Here is part of a chat with bb

understand your question.
Annette Martinez (17:51:10 GMT) : If you are looking for save $XXX, you have to go with the monthly installment.
Annette Martinez (17:51:29 GMT) : Since this offer is applicable only for the monthly installment.
Visitor (17:51:41 GMT) : so i cannot pay off early if I wish to save XXX
Annette Martinez (17:52:25 GMT) : I'm sorry. If you pay fully before, you will not get discount of $XXX.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Here is part of a chat with bb

understand your question.
Annette Martinez (17:51:10 GMT) : If you are looking for save $XXX, you have to go with the monthly installment.
Annette Martinez (17:51:29 GMT) : Since this offer is applicable only for the monthly installment.
Visitor (17:51:41 GMT) : so i cannot pay off early if I wish to save XXX
Annette Martinez (17:52:25 GMT) : I'm sorry. If you pay fully before, you will not get discount of $XXX.

Same thing Verizon said, in addition, if you pay it off early, you pay the retail price not the sale price.

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I wish Drew was correct

Here is what I did. I just paid off my Pixel 3XL today and I’m probably going to sell it. I bought it from Best Buy when they had $400 off. It appeared as a $400 down payment on my bill. I agreed to the monthly payments. Blah blah. Fast forward to today. I wanted to pay off the phone. I called Verizon. They said in order to pay it off, you have to go to a Verizon store and pay off the remainder in cash. So I went to my bank, pulled out $499 and went back to the Verizon store and paid it off. My account now says there is zero balance on my Pixel 3XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech