Best guess at Black Friday deals on Note 9?

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I've got a one year old S8 plus that I'm very happy with but if there's a Note 9 deal that's too good to pass up, I'll make the move.

Verizon customer BTW

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And this year, with business itself in the state it's in? Even crystal balls are saying "no comment". Is the phone made in China? Then watch out if you're in the US. After 20 years in the business, I wouldn't try to guess on the price of a generic wire earphone this year. (No political content here, just a general business comment.)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If I was in the market for a Note9, I would just check their website every few days. Sometimes, carriers will just reduce the price temporarily out of nowhere.
Most big deals around the holidays require a new line of service or just include a free gift.

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Every Sunday check Best Buy and Target, every now and then one (or both) of them will offer a gift card with a purchase. Target just offered a $150 gift card.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
In my experience the best deals can usually be had on launch day or pre-order. T-Mobile had a $500 credit for trade-in of an older phone (I got it for an S7 Edge) plus a free headset worth $299 from Samsung. It'll be hard to beat even on Black Friday.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
In my experience the best deals can usually be had on launch day or pre-order. T-Mobile had a $500 credit for trade-in of an older phone (I got it for an S7 Edge) plus a free headset worth $299 from Samsung. It'll be hard to beat even on Black Friday.

The tmobile trade in required a paid off phone and about a 2 year agreement (contract).
Also that rebate is over the course of your agreement, not a one time payment. Most who preordered had a down payment. If you cancel you owe the original price and lose the trade in value.
In my opinion, that's not a good deal. I waited for the price to drop and no down payment, so then I'll JUMP next year, maybe.

ETA back on topic. I'd do what the others suggest. Keep your eye out. Even Amazon had about a month of deals prior top black Friday last year.

Last edited:

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I got a $300 gift certificate on a note 8 last year at Target. Great deal. Eventually sold it for $630 so I basically used the phone for 5 months for free.

dleavins

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
Best buy has a great trade in offer and 150 off right now. I traded in my Note 8, got a 500 best buy gift card, paid it on the new phone, and the final price of the Note 9 was 350.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Only black Friday deals I'm looking for are the Samsung watches for my wife and daughter. Hopefully something comes through real nice.

Last year after black Friday, in December, the S3 was on sale at Best Buy. I was keeping my eye out for that one and it finally went on sale.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd like a Note9 512gb in blue or black. I don't like my chances of a deal. Nobody stocks them. The big memory is my greatest attraction to the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2