So, I took the plunge! Got my Note 9

Mrsfwh3

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
Now I need suggestions on how to maximize all the features this device has! What are some helpful tips? I have already noticed I dont have the option for wifi calling.

Palladium65

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Now I need suggestions on how to maximize all the features this device has! What are some helpful tips? I have already noticed I dont have the option for wifi calling.
Congrats. So many tips. I'd say see what you use your device for and customise things like edge panels to fit your needs. And make good use of the s-pen love the extract text option when you use smart select. I'd also check out a youtuber by the name of jerryispromo for some good useful tips .

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Xfinity mobile.
Congrats on the new phone. The Note 9 is a great choice. I don't think Xfinity Mobile has deployed wifi calling to android phones yet. Last I saw they were saying its coming soon, still in beta testing. That's at least according to their community support forum.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Congrats buddy. Enjoy your new toy. :) You don't need WiFi calling enable for Xfinity. It's built in to your carrier.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

A far as battery life is concerned, I set my phone permanently to "optimised", screen to HD (basic) and try not to have brightness up too much. This has been giving me stellar battery life. Seriously, I can hardly tell the difference between HD and WQHD yet the battery impact is huge. And adaptive display I find saturates everything too much.

For gaming, as i said, i leave in optimised performance mode. Then I select in game launcher, "balanced" power saving and, importantly, take the frame rate down to 25. No stutter on all the games I've tried and the battery lasts really well even in gaming and most importantly, it doesn't get hot. Assuming you're sensible with brightness. I played NASCAR heat with the default settings and the phone heated up significantly. My settings and being careful with brightness and you can play indefinitely without excess heat or battery drain.

Another tip is for the camera. I have in my modes, auto first then pro. Even in low light, the auto does a better job than pro. What pro is really good for is setting a high shutter speed shot. Whatever you set on pro remains there when you select it again. So you can manually select a F2.4 aperture, low ISO, high shutter combination, ready for whenever you want to take an action shot. As soon as you hit pro, it's there, ready to go.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Don't forget to enable the Bluetooth S-Pen. Also Enable Dolby Atmos for surround sound.

You reminded me. When playing Spotify or Google Play music etc, I go into settings on Dolby Atmos, then into the equaliser settings. I then turn the equaliser settings into a pop up, adjust the window size and frame within so that the 2 dial buttons are centered in the pop up. I then minimise the equaliser settings into a floating icon and if i want to adjust the equaliser, click the icon and I can easily adjust it. Then minimise it again.

DatsyukianDeke

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Congrats on the new phone. The Note 9 is a great choice. I don't think Xfinity Mobile has deployed wifi calling to android phones yet. Last I saw they were saying its coming soon, still in beta testing. That's at least according to their community support forum.
I have the note 9 on xfinity and wifi is not available yet. Hopefully soon.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
You reminded me. When playing Spotify or Google Play music etc, I go into settings on Dolby Atmos, then into the equaliser settings. I then turn the equaliser settings into a pop up, adjust the window size and frame within so that the 2 dial buttons are centered in the pop up. I then minimise the equaliser settings into a floating icon and if i want to adjust the equaliser, click the icon and I can easily adjust it. Then minimise it again.

Sounds good