Note9 or iPhone Xs Max?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My mind WAS made up on 512gb Note9 in blue. Now I'd prefer black. What I would REALLY prefer is the 512 model IN STOCK at Best Buy or VZW store. I do NOT like to order a phone not knowing when or if it will arrive at the store. I don't want it delivered to my empty home.

Thing is now I read the Note camera not as good as Note 8. Lots of fuzzy pics. Also read about jerky scrolling like my Note7.

The thing is I can actually BUY a 256gb iPhone without hassel or waiting and it seems to have fewer complaints.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
My mind WAS made up on 512gb Note9 in blue. Now I'd prefer black. What I would REALLY prefer is the 512 model IN STOCK at Best Buy or VZW store. I do NOT like to order a phone not knowing when or if it will arrive at the store. I don't want it delivered to my empty home.

Thing is now I read the Note camera not as good as Note 8. Lots of fuzzy pics. Also read about jerky scrolling like my Note7.

The thing is I can actually BUY a 256gb iPhone without hassel or waiting and it seems to have fewer complaints.

Awesome, give update on reasoning once you've solidified the choice and purchased. They're all pretty good phones.

Fast-T

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
My wife got a XS. Fewer hassles? Him, not so sure. Lots of issues with software, apps not notch compatible etc ... far from a well working device.
Now, coming from a Note8 I can tell the camera improvements are significant. No issues with blurry pictures. And the battery life is so awesome.
Having that said, I do not use certain malware such as Facebook and other social media crap apps.

If you chose the unlocked variant you are free from carrier specific modification and software and have a high chance to grab one at BB.
But why would you stick to the 512GB? Get the 128GB and a decent SD card. 6GB of ram is plenty.

Deciding between a iPhone and Note9 tells you don't really want the SPen and all its magic, so why would you even stick to the Note at all?

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Note 9 is the best android or I may say 1 of the best...awesome camera...battery life is killer love the Spen...shifted from Note 8 to S9+ now finally to Note 9...
I think u will be very happy with Note 9 if u have used a Note 8

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
How much is the 256GB iPhone XS Max and the 512GB Note 9?

Here it cost just over $2,000 CAN each for both.

I bought the 128GB Note 9, blue for less than $900 tap-in AFTER the $205 trade-in and when you consider the retail value of the bonus IconX wireless buds.

Now the 64GB iPhone XS, gold I got for $1,100 tax-in.

I also have the Huawei P20 Pro but now I'm just bragging. Sorry. LOL

My point is both OS are great they have their advantages. One thing I kept saying is NO FLAGSHIP is worth over $1k retail. I wouldn't have bought neither if I didn't get the deal I got.

If you do the math I was lucky and managed to own BOTH the 9 & XS for less than what OP wants. Doesn't this make more cents. ;)

BTW I had the 512GB/8GB Note 9 and I cannot tell the difference between the 6GB version so I returned it.

Buying the 8GB IMO seems to be just bragging rights.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

It seems that in your heart, you really want an iPhone, that's why you are searching for everything bad about the Note 9, and you will scrutinize all these bad things if you do get a Note 9, further convincing yourself it's not as good.

I will say go for the iPhone.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
The best time to buy an iPhone is Feb/March. In part because iOS needs time to hammer out bugs. iOS 12.1b5 is better but that dropped last night. Like to see 12.3.

I keep iPhone X around to check out and play with, something small and light.

The Galaxy 10's sound exciting. If or when 2nd gen 7nm chip.

If the iPhone Max had a stylus, rumors surfaced and I waited to see, and 6GB for goodness sake... but not happening.

I ordered from AT&T for Note9 and was here next day.

I don't think you'll be unhappy with a Note. Even my $300 Essential One is nice spare, runs Pie, and lighter. Almost perfect size.

Wait for 2019 for iPhone. It needs to. Maybe the S9+ or another brand to hold you until this time next year and play this game with Note 10 and XS Max.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The Note9 is heavy but I assume that is due to 4k battery. Of course plastic is a lighter material better suited for the back but that battle like the horrible curved screens has already been lost to Samsung

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I left the n9 due to its poor battery life and camera issues which they still have not fixed. The max I have now destroys my n9 in battery life. I don’t even have to think about it my battery will last. It just does. 5-6 hours of sot with the n9 and 10 plus with the max.