11-09-2018 02:45 PM
97 1234
tools
    I haven't used it but I'm considering the note 9. However I rarely use Google assistant now. The only time I'm really in a place where I can yell at my phone to do stuff is in the car. There's generally to much noise and chaos going on at home and it would be way to disruptive at work with our stupid open office and I'm not going to be that guy when I can just pick my phone up.

I can see maybe if I was on the road in a car a lot or had my own office where I could keep the door mostly shut I might use it more but at this time in my life I have very little use for virtual assistants and I'm hesitant to invest money into a device that in a way forces me to have to get it out of my way. If nothing else at least with Google Assistant you can turn it off.

All that said it's all about choice and options. If you love it and it works for you that's great. For some of us, myself included I don't have a lot of need or use for it.
    Just had to say you are not alone in your feelings about an open office. I'm not sure if Bixby supports "type to" like you can with Google Assistant. That I think would be useful in the open environments.
    10-26-2018 06:13 AM
    Just had to say you are not alone in your feelings about an open office. I'm not sure if Bixby supports "type to" like you can with Google Assistant. That I think would be useful in the open environments.
    Yeah that would be helpful.

Whoever thought open offices were a good idea should be forced to sit in the middle of one and try to be productive for a year.
    Trees likes this.
    10-26-2018 10:26 AM
    Yes Bixby has "type to". Hit the keyboard icon at the bottom left in Bixby Voice.
    Trees likes this.
    10-26-2018 10:47 AM
    Attached below is where you can find the type option. Very handy. Love Bixby!-screenshot_20181026-121249_bixby-20voice.jpeg
    kevinpleasants and Trees like this.
    10-26-2018 11:13 AM
    Attached below is where you can find the type option. Very handy. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181026-121249_Bixby%20Voice.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	292973
    Mine disappeared lol
    10-26-2018 09:16 PM
    To me to move because of an Ai Assistant is extreme.

Bixby button can now be set to activate only after a certain button press or remap the button.

Bixby is a very small part of the phones features etc !

Everyone to their own I guess.
    Wait you can actually remap the button now?
    10-26-2018 09:54 PM
    Left Samsung because of Bixby.

Heard on note 9 you can program the Bixby button so you have to press it twice.
    same here, I despise that stupid thing and the fact that you can't remap the button to another app unless you use 3rd party apps which often stop working after a few updates to either the OS or Bixby.
    10-27-2018 08:10 AM
    Had mine set up to push button twice, and with a nice wallet case its now difficult to access it especially by accident. I sure some day we will be able to remap without third party app. If not the buttons do pop off. NO more bixby!
    10-27-2018 08:43 AM
    Had mine set up to push button twice, and with a nice wallet case its now difficult to access it especially by accident. I sure some day we will be able to remap without third party app. If not the buttons do pop off. NO more bixby!
    Lol, if I end up going with a Note 9 that had occurred to me that I could just pop the button out or glue it.
    10-27-2018 09:00 AM
    The button on the inside of your phone case.
    Cut it off so when you hit the button on your case
    Nothing happens.
    10-27-2018 10:41 AM
    Ya its easy to pop off with a knife and easily pops back on and hitting it twice with the leather case on has not yet happened to me. Just the thought of it being there irks me and now I never see it. Less OCD and less stress!
    10-27-2018 11:08 AM
    The Bixby button, if you don't want Bixby, is great. Bxactions App, 3rd party or not, gives a tactile physical button to do with most any shortcut or macro you want. If you don't even want the extra physical button to trigger anything, turn off Bixby. Pinch the screen and toggle it off. Much ado about nothing.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    10-28-2018 08:52 AM
    The Bixby button, if you don't want Bixby, is great. Bxactions App, 3rd party or not, gives a tactile physical button to do with most any shortcut or macro you want. If you don't even want the extra physical button to trigger anything, turn off Bixby. Pinch the screen and toggle it off. Much ado about nothing.
    How about I don't want to turn Bixby off.
    I don't want Bixby or the Bixby button on the phone.
    Samsung should sell 2 phones. One without the Bixby Button and one with.
    Charge more for the version with Bixby .
    10-28-2018 08:59 AM
    How about not buying the phone at all Seriously. The Bixby button and Bixby software subject is so overblown. It's only a button that looks like the other 3 buttons on the phone. Use it or don't use it. Accidentally touching the Bixby button is not Samsung's fault. I'm one who's not afraid to say I use Bixby everyday. I took the time to learn how it works and it's use. The first thing I learned is that it's not designed to replace GA. It's not that type of assistant. However, it can do what GA and Siri does. I learned that by going into the tutorial section. But use it or not it's your choice. Samsung doesn't have to allow us to remap the button. We can't remap the volumn or power buttons. On my suv I can't move or remap my headlight, cruise control, heater etc buttons. The maker put the buttons on it where they wanted to. It was up to me to buy it.
    10-28-2018 11:44 AM
    Bixby is pretty amazing.
    10-28-2018 11:54 AM
    How about not buying the phone at all Seriously. The Bixby button and Bixby software subject is so overblown. It's only a button that looks like the other 3 buttons on the phone. Use it or don't use it. Accidentally touching the Bixby button is not Samsung's fault. I'm one who's not afraid to say I use Bixby everyday. I took the time to learn how it works and it's use. The first thing I learned is that it's not designed to replace GA. It's not that type of assistant. However, it can do what GA and Siri does. I learned that by going into the tutorial section. But use it or not it's your choice. Samsung doesn't have to allow us to remap the button. We can't remap the volumn or power buttons. On my suv I can't move or remap my headlight, cruise control, heater etc buttons. The maker put the buttons on it where they wanted to. It was up to me to buy it.
    This about covers all my thoughts. Well said.
    10-28-2018 12:20 PM
    Another reason I didn't buy a note 9.

Love my past Samsung phones.
    But I hate Bixby enough, I hope this take a giaganic bite out of their profits.
    More than the note 7 battert ever did.

And don't say it's not Samsung's fault.
    Samsung designed the phone.
    And I've spent plenty of time with Samsung telling them I don't want Bixby disabled.
    I want it killed.
    It gets back to when you buy a phone.
    Who owns the phone, the mfg. The carrier, the government, or the purchaser.

Meanwhile these people are making billions.
    And we should let them have more advertising to help pay by for something.
    10-28-2018 12:27 PM
    I loved bixby on the s8. The note 9 not so much, there is something seriously wrong. I can't even teach bixby how I spell my son's name. Which is retarded because that is my most frequent contact yet bixby can't even find it because it defaults to the other spelling of his name.
    I though Samsung was supposed to improve Bixby. Instead I think it's now worse than it's half-baked release. I also liked it on the S8. Now...not so much
    10-28-2018 01:37 PM
    Bixby is pretty amazing.
    Glad to hear your Bixby experience is going well.
    DanielLoreti and anon(20964) like this.
    10-28-2018 01:37 PM
    Another reason I didn't buy a note 9.

Love my past Samsung phones.
    But I hate Bixby enough, I hope this take a giaganic bite out of their profits.
    More than the note 7 battert ever did.

And don't say it's not Samsung's fault.
    Samsung designed the phone.
    And I've spent plenty of time with Samsung telling them I don't want Bixby disabled.
    I want it killed.
    It gets back to when you buy a phone.
    Who owns the phone, the mfg. The carrier, the government, or the purchaser.

Meanwhile these people are making billions.
    And we should let them have more advertising to help pay by for something.
    Lol really? I'm glad to know you didn't buy a Note 9. I'm not sure why you're in the Note 9 forum...But since you're here, Do you know a person can use a Note 9, 8, S9 etc without using Bixby at all? Without ever seeing it on their phone?

It's not Samsung's fault. They don't make you buy their phone. They also don't make you use Bixby. I'm sure they hope you do
    cwbcpa, bassplayrguy and iSilas like this.
    10-28-2018 01:47 PM
    Buy a different phone. Problem solved. Samsung doesn't need to make 2 varieties. Give me a break. They didn't sneak it in on you. You bought the phone knowing it was there.
    10-28-2018 03:39 PM
    EXACTLY what I've been saying. Very well said. Thank you.
    kevinpleasants and iSilas like this.
    10-28-2018 03:42 PM
    Buy a different phone. Problem solved. Samsung doesn't need to make 2 varieties. Give me a break. They didn't sneak it in on you. You bought the phone knowing it was there.
    I like Samsung, but not with Bixby.
    When I bought my S8+, I had no idea about Bixby.
    Got friends that upgraded from S6 to S9.
    They left and went to Canada.
    They too had no idea about Bixby.
    Best Buy phone person said they get more complaints about Bixby.
    Said they know it's had to hurt sells.

I was gonna buy a Note 9. Cause of the 4000 ah battert.
    But not with Bixby.

And look at how many different phones Samsung makes for sale in the whole world.
    What would one more phone matter
    10-28-2018 03:56 PM
    EXACTLY what I've been saying. Very well said. Thank you.
    You're welcome
    10-28-2018 05:34 PM
    A. It's 3rd party. Tried it, bought, but no my tea BxAction.
    B. Has to be turned off for updates
    C. Needs to be updated itself.
    D. Accidentally pressing B button happens. Some, too frequent.
    E. Bixby home, voice, vision. A suite.
    F. Samsung won't map it to another assistant.
    G. I don't like GA or Alexa or even Siri. Any voice imput is out.

I love the Note and S9+ have both.
    I don't want some other freaking brand.
    I don't want iPhone (they don't have stylus or S9+
    Quality and 6GB with beautul display

Sorry cheerleaders. We all don't see Buxby the same but that doesn't mean love it or leave it either.
    Yguideslou likes this.
    10-28-2018 07:54 PM
97 1234