I have both an iPhone and a Galaxy Note. With iOS 12, screen on time is finally brought to iOS. In some ways the iOS graph is better. In one way, (the biggest way) it's not. iOS tracks your screen usage for the duration of a 24 hour period, not from the moment you unplug. It's not very accurate when you want to track your screen usage for the duration of a charge cycle.

I had 3 hours screen at 40% on my iPhone. I charged it all the way up to 100% and unplugged, the screen time did not reset. The counter stayed, since it's tracking a 24 hour period.

That's why I prefer the screen tracking of Android. It tracks from the moment you unplug from 100%.

Meh, either way, both phones offer great battery life. I've already posted a million pics of my battery so I won't do it here. I for one think the Note 9 has offered the best battery life out of the box like ever. The fact I can go over 48 hours between charges ( with 4.5 screen per day) is amazing.

I do have to say... isn't it a little ironic how often we are opening a battery monitoring app worrying about how long the screen is on when that is just wasting more battery. Haha. 🤣
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-24-2018 07:07 PM
    I have both an iPhone and a Galaxy Note. With iOS 12, screen on time is finally brought to iOS. In some ways the iOS graph is better. In one way, (the biggest way) it's not. iOS tracks your screen usage for the duration of a 24 hour period, not from the moment you unplug. It's not very accurate when you want to track your screen usage for the duration of a charge cycle.

I charged my iPhone all the way up to 100%. Unplugged, the screen time did not reset. The counter stayed, since it's tracking a 24 hour period.

That's why I prefer the screen tracking of Android. It tracks from the moment you unplug from 100%.

Meh, either way, both phones offer great battery life.

Isn't it a little ironic how often we are opening a battery monitoring app worrying about how long the screen is on when that is just wasting more battery. Haha. 🤣
    Yeah since ios12 I haven't full understood how to monitor it for SOT but never bother to learn , maybe another app will be better option.
    10-24-2018 07:10 PM
    So it looks like you have to click on the last 7 days / 10 days tab.

The top shows battery use, the bottom shows screen. You can click on the day. From there it still is showing a only the stats for the actual day (24 hours), versus a whole charge. I'm curious to see those graphs for iPhone XS users.

Anyone with a Max can post a day with 100% use or less with screen on time from there?
    10-24-2018 07:18 PM
    So it looks like you have to click on the last 7 days / 10 days tab.

The top shows battery use, the bottom shows screen. You can click on the day. From there it still is showing a only the stats for the actual day (24 hours), versus a whole charge. I'm curious to see those graphs for iPhone XS users.

Anyone with a Max can post a day with 100% use or less with screen on time from there?
    At 60% left.

10-24-2018 07:48 PM
    Hey man.

If it's not a bother, could you pick a day from the last 10 days use. One preferably where it wasn't more than 100% battery use.

It's a more accurate representation I think.
    I just looked at my 6S and saw my highest for the one day was 5 hours without charging. Wish I had a Max to compare.
    10-24-2018 07:52 PM
    Hey man.

If it's not a bother, could you pick a day from the last 10 days use. One preferably where it wasn't more than 100% battery use.

It's a more accurate representation I think.
    I just looked at my 6S and saw my highest for the one day was 5 hours without charging. Wish I had a Max to compare.
    Trying to understand what you are asking for. Not 100% battery use? Little confused.
    10-24-2018 07:55 PM

Pick a day you want off this.
    10-24-2018 07:57 PM
    Trying to understand what you are asking for. Not 100% battery use? Little confused.
    On the last 10 days tab, you'll see a green bar and blue bar. The green bar is how much you used for that day. So for this, a day that 100% battery use or less would be ideal (essentially just one charge)

The activity is blue. That shows the screen time for the day.

Sorry, it was kind of hard to explain (or read for that matter), but now I understand what Apple is trying to show. Haha
    10-24-2018 08:00 PM
    If you add the screen time widget it will show screen on time since last unplugged.

Carrie Greicar likes this.
    10-25-2018 08:07 AM
    Let's do Wednesday. Looks like a full day there.
    10-25-2018 09:59 AM
    Let's do Wednesday. Looks like a full day there.
    10-25-2018 10:49 AM
    Very interesting I found this too.

10-25-2018 10:52 AM