Anyone Getting Huawei Mate 20 Pro

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Guys its 1st time that a Huawei phone has got my interest...Mate 20 pro looks really awesome on paper ...
I am waiting to see it launch In my country and what price
Well most other countries where its available for pre order..u getting freebies like free Gt smart watch and 15w wireless charger...Though Note 9 is gonna be my daily driver Mate 20 pro as 2nd phone....

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll pass. Huawei dropped (no updates, no support) the one phone I had of theirs. Basically dropped less than 1yr after release.

Never again for me.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Guys its 1st time that a Huawei phone has got my interest.........

To be honest, me too. This is the very first time i would have seriously considered a non Samsung phone. It's obviously an awesome phone. But for me 2 things make it a non runner.

Firstly the fact that it's banned in the USA for security reasons makes me highly suspicious. And secondly, it's political. I'm sorry but I'd rather give my money to a South Korean or American nation than communist China.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, me too. This is the very first time i would have seriously considered a non Samsung phone. It's obviously an awesome phone. But for me 2 things make it a non runner.

Firstly the fact that it's banned in the USA for security reasons makes me highly suspicious. And secondly, it's political. I'm sorry but I'd rather give my money to a South Korean or American nation than communist China.

I know you say that but most of the items you own are likely made in China. If North Korea produced a smartphone would you buy it?

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I know you say that but most of the items you own are likely made in China. If North Korea produced a smartphone would you buy it?

I know a lot of parts and supplies are produced in China, but there is a big difference for me buying an American or South Korean phone with some parts sourced in China or buying an expensive flagship phone that is openly a Chinese firm.

I wouldn't get a North Korean phone even it was better than any Samsung/Apple product (of course that's never going to happen) and if it was half the price.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Unless there's a discount by my carrier, I don't see myself picking it up.

When did the P20 Pro come out? I just picked it up last month because Canada finally got Twilight and more importantly they dropped the price and I got an offer from my carrier.

Having said all that, EXCEPT FOR THE DISPLAY FPS nothing really excites me about the Mate 20 Pro. I'm interested just because I'm an addict. LOL

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Unless there's a discount by my carrier, I don't see myself picking it up.

When did the P20 Pro come out? I just picked it up last month because Canada finally got Twilight and more importantly they dropped the price and I got an offer from my carrier.

Having said all that, EXCEPT FOR THE DISPLAY FPS nothing really excites me about the Mate 20 Pro. I'm interested just because I'm an addict. LOL

Do u think buying now with freebies like GT watch and 15w wireless charger should I jump in or wait for price drop...the watch I will anyway sell it ...

Likorisa

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I was reading about the features and specs for the Mate 20 Pro earlier but then I stumbled on the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3. I have to say that I'm split between the two as they both seem like awesome phones. For now, I'm leaning toward the Mate 20 Pro though. I'd wait for more reviews and hands-on reviews to surface before I make my decision. After all, specs look good on paper till you have the actual phone in your hands...

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Not a fan of curved displays so unlikely I'll be considering a Mate 20 Pro. More than happy with our P20 Pro and doubt the upgrade, for my use, would be worthwhile enough.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've read/watched a lot of reviews on this phone and it seems to take very good pictures. This did catch my eye but then I bought a P3 XL.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Huawei don't intentionally slow your phone down like Samsung and Apple for starters

How do you know that?
If your in the US who's going warranty it if something goes wrong?
Is it capable of working and having the carrier bands in US?
I'm curious because they make beautiful phones .