11-01-2018 02:17 PM
34 12
tools
    How come no one is concerned about security and data privacy? Huawei is completely banned in America and here in Australia it's banned from 5G infrastructure development. And in both cases banned for the same reasons. National security and data privacy issues.

And no one is worried about that?
    And like the NSA doesn't spy on us?

Anyway, it looks like they got into some trouble for doing business with countries like North Korea. I mean, these phones are better than North Korea produced phones.

https://www.financialexpress.com/ind...korea/1146411/
    mustang7757 and anon(20964) like this.
    10-31-2018 09:26 PM
    I had mentioned about this in another thread but to link a different article, I didn't realize this but this cry for caution and avoiding Huawei products goes back a decade when they wanted to buy a carrier in 2008? We're talking when the iPhone 1 came out!

I mean I guess I can see why not a carrier but from there it goes to wanting to ban all products?? And they've had 10 years to look at every product down to the last resistor and still not found anything??

Honestly if you have gov't agencies with departments specifically tasked to find a suspicious looking chip or an odd line of code for a decade and found nada... It wouldn't be a stretch to say that Huawei products are probably one of the most secure devices out there if the govt hasnt been able to find a vulnerability. Secure next to Apple and their determination to constantly block any type of unlocks and backdoors even if our gov't threatens them.

They have the Flossy Carter Thot protection seal of approval

If the Chinese govt wants to access to our info, they probably found the backdoors we created (like the backdoors NSA created with Cisco hardware mentioned by Snowden). Heck in the 10 years from the first mentions of concerns, and very recently we have read the headlines, our privacy and security has probably already been compromised through so many other avenues from others friends and foes.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/huawei-...ews-26632.html

How come no one is concerned about security and data privacy? Huawei is completely banned in America and here in Australia it's banned from 5G infrastructure development. And in both cases banned for the same reasons. National security and data privacy issues.

And no one is worried about that?
    10-31-2018 10:23 PM
    I had mentioned about this in another thread but to link a different article, I didn't realize this but this cry for caution and avoiding Huawei products goes back a decade when they wanted to buy a carrier in 2008? We're talking when the iPhone 1 came out!

I mean I guess I can see why not a carrier but from there it goes to wanting to ban all products?? And they've had 10 years to look at every product down to the last resistor and still not found anything??

Honestly if you have gov't agencies with departments specifically tasked to find a suspicious looking chip or an odd line of code for a decade and found nada... It wouldn't be a stretch to say that Huawei products are probably one of the most secure devices out there if the govt hasnt been able to find a vulnerability. Secure next to Apple and their determination to constantly block any type of unlocks and backdoors even if our gov't threatens them.

They have the Flossy Carter Thot protection seal of approval

If the Chinese govt wants to access to our info, they probably found the backdoors we created (like the backdoors NSA created with Cisco hardware mentioned by Snowden). Heck in the 10 years from the first mentions of concerns, and very recently we have read the headlines, our privacy and security has probably already been compromised through so many other avenues from others friends and foes.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/huawei-...ews-26632.html
    Yeah I agree.. like cmon if China wanted to spy on Americans they would have already done it in many other ways or are already doing it....
    11-01-2018 12:37 AM
    With what looks like a nice jump ahead for Samsung in the next year or so. I'm going to stick with Samsung. Anxious to see what the next Note has to offer. No rumors, just reality.

Huawei has definitely caught my attention, but I'm not willing to invest in them as of now. They're making some beautiful phones you got to give them that.

And any Country can spy on you, any!!
    11-01-2018 05:04 AM
    In display Thot-fingerprint protection!

4200mah battery life
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    11-01-2018 11:40 AM
    Do u think buying now with freebies like GT watch and 15w wireless charger should I jump in or wait for price drop...the watch I will anyway sell it ...
    Depends how badly you want it, either way the pricing works out the same if you're going to sell the freebies.

Take the P20 Pro when it launched up here. Huawei was offering the free Tablet, which I wasn't really excited. My carrier not only wanted me to change my plan but wanted $299 to upgrade but the real problem was it was only available in Black.

Fast forward to last month when Twilight finally became available. The upgrade price is $0, they gave me $100 credit.

Much cheaper but had to wait it out.
    11-01-2018 12:00 PM
    At the end, he has no answer for the S-pen

11-01-2018 12:07 PM
    I was thinking about the mate 20 but having saw a fair amount of the comments from users there seems to be issues with undelivered features, poor video recording and a few other things.

I am an s8 user and Samsung have been really good at keeping my device up to date and have even added new features to it. For that reason I am likely to get the note, I just don’t know enough about Hauwei (I can’t even say the name!) to drop that level of money on their device.
    11-01-2018 12:41 PM
    Actually there is a 6000mah batter phone just produced in China for North Korea designed by North Korea! Man, checkout this cutting edge technology lol. Also, it looks like North Korea has developed a white board that is like the Note phone and Tab S so maybe they will have their own Note style phone soon.

North Korea's newest smartphone might be made in China
    11-01-2018 02:17 PM
34 12