Sales for Note 9 less than expected

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Does this include the unlocked model or do you have to activate new line?

Costco deal has to be activated and I'm guessing the same for Target and BestBuy. I'm sure Samsung, Amazon or B&H will have a deal on the unlocked version soon.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Looking for the 512 model but thanks

Full price right now but even as recent as a few weeks back they had decent deals on the 512, freebies. I wouldn't expect to many deals for awhile. For christmas maybe though then after the first of the year I would too.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Full price right now but even as recent as a few weeks back they had decent deals on the 512, freebies. I wouldn't expect to many deals for awhile. For christmas maybe though then after the first of the year I would too.
Damn I wish I knew. All the deals I saw were payment plans, new lines or trade ins. I have nothing to trade and no interest in payment plans. I pay upfront.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
the sales for most high-end phones are less then expected including iPhones, Samsung's....now we as customers can get great deals .

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I think the Note 9 is a great phone for those moving from a two to three year old phone. However, most android users are not like Apple users... aside from forums like this one, android folks are not status seekers like Apple fan folks. Spending $1000 to 1300 on an android device is not something easily done for android folks, status wise of course... but for Apple folks, they are usually status seekers and they'll spend the bucks to look good. If you're an android person, the Note 8 and 9 are great phones. For folks like me with the 8, there's absolutely no reason to move to the 9. The 9 is an expensive phone for the average android user.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I think the Note 9 is a great phone for those moving from a two to three year old phone. However, most android users are not like Apple users... aside from forums like this one, android folks are not status seekers like Apple fan folks. Spending $1000 to 1300 on an android device is not something easily done for android folks, status wise of course... but for Apple folks, they are usually status seekers and they'll spend the bucks to look good. If you're an android person, the Note 8 and 9 are great phones. For folks like me with the 8, there's absolu no reason to move to the 9. The 9 is an expensive phone for the average android user.

Don't think many would buy the note 9 just for status... And that's quite the stereotype as how do you know what the average android owner can or will afford? Why do you make it seem like only broke people use android.

I was a long time iPhone user and I switched to the note 9 but I didn't see my iPhone as a status symbol as everyone around me had one as well...

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I think the Note 9 is a great phone for those moving from a two to three year old phone. However, most android users are not like Apple users... aside from forums like this one, android folks are not status seekers like Apple fan folks. Spending $1000 to 1300 on an android device is not something easily done for android folks, status wise of course... but for Apple folks, they are usually status seekers and they'll spend the bucks to look good. If you're an android person, the Note 8 and 9 are great phones. For folks like me with the 8, there's absolutely no reason to move to the 9. The 9 is an expensive phone for the average android user.

I see you're a big fan of sweeping generalizations.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Don't think many would buy the note 9 just for status... And that's quite the stereotype as how do you know what the average android owner can or will afford? Why do you make it seem like only broke people use android.

I was a long time iPhone user and I switched to the note 9 but I didn't see my iPhone as a status symbol as everyone around me had one as well...

I never said that most android users are broke. They are cost conscious and utilitarian conscious! I'm in the business world, have been for many years with the same cell number 24 years! I see very few androids among my business associates and friends. Very few indeed. And what I do see are two to three year old androids. To this day, I have not seen a single Note 9 among anyone. ZERO. And a few 8's. However, I see MANY new apples and this past year's model. That's what I based my statement on... not what I witness on this forum. Real everyday life of real people. Status is bought via apple and not android... except for the android forums.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I never said that most android users are broke. They are cost conscious and utilitarian conscious! I'm in the business world, have been for many years with the same cell number 24 years! I see very few androids among my business associates and friends. Very few indeed. And what I do see are two to three year old androids. To this day, I have not seen a single Note 9 among anyone. ZERO. And a few 8's. However, I see MANY new apples and this past year's model. That's what I based my statement on... not what I witness on this forum. Real everyday life of real people. Status is bought via apple and not android... except for the android forums.

Well maybe in your business world/group of friends but not in mine most definitely. Me and my group of friends all switched from iPhones to androids and I have seen at least ten note 9s in public as of today.

Fyi, my boss at work drives a lambo and is using an s9+. Don't generalise that's what I'm saying.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site

And sorry to disappoint I'm an android user but I'm neither cost conscious or utilitarian conscious so that just proves your theory wrong. In fact I took off my phone cover for my iPhone so it would spoil more quickly so I could justify changing my phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon