Where do you store and play music on note 9?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Recently I got my Note 9 and to my disappointment I still cannot find where to download and play my music ? It's my first Samsung phone ever moving from Sony, which has a Music player preinstalled.
Does the Note has one too?
Please help me find it

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You can put them in any folder in any location you want and the phone will automatically index them to play in whatever app you choose.

On my Note 9, I put them on my SD card in a folder marked music. I then put the card in my Mac and then copied my entire iTunes music folder onto the card and everything copied over into the same folders. I then put the card back in the phone and whatever app I choose to use for music, will play the music.

You can use Samsung Music app or the one that is already installed on your phone, Google Play Music, it's in the Google folder in your app drawer. In the Google Play Music app, there is a setting to show only the music downloaded on your device.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I store music on the internal storage in the music folder and I use the default music player. Nothing fancy here.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You can even make a folder and label it "my ear happy thingies" and put your music in there and the music players will find them and they'll show up. Any Android phone will do this, even your old Sony.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I don't have an SD card right now either. 128 gb has been more than enough. Nice to know it's there if I need it though.
It just makes it easier for me because I have all my music stored on a MacBook Pro. Plug the card into it and drag and drop. Put the card back in the phone. Done. No need for AirDrop or any other software.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
It just makes it easier for me because I have all my music stored on a MacBook Pro. Plug the card into it and drag and drop. Put the card back in the phone. Done. No need for AirDrop or any other software.

I use Android Tranafer to hook up my Note to the MacBook and just drag and drop that way.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
i use an SD card as i store around 50gb of music and audio books. I really like the Samsung Music player, it's not a stock app on the phone but go download it from the Samsung app store, really nice media player to use.

Mrsfwh3

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
I use Google Play Music. I pay for the monthly subscription for the family plan. 2 of my kids use the app and I do all the time. The monthly subscription allows us unlimited access to all the music available. I've made multiple playlists and have a ton of music.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I don't have an SD card right now either. 128 gb has been more than enough. Nice to know it's there if I need it though.

I bought a 128gb class 10 U3 card on amazon (Samsung brand) for $29. For this little money, one should ask why not use an SD?

I figure if I ever want to move my photos and files to another phone, it makes it a bit easier. Plus you leave more room for loading apps.

Once you go above 128gb, the prices get a bit too high.

R

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 128gb class 10 U3 card on amazon (Samsung brand) for $29. For this little money, one should ask why not use an SD?

I figure if I ever want to move my photos and files to another phone, it makes it a bit easier. Plus you leave more room for loading apps.

Once you go above 128gb, the prices get a bit too high.

R

I bought two 400GB SanDisk cards for $110 each last week on Amazon. That's a great price.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
True.

I use two network SIM cards instead.

I have the 512Gb version so no worries about using up the storage space.

I don’t mean to get off topic but I have not looked into dual sim... is this just so you have a second phone number on the same phone? Is it an unlocked version or do you think you need to get a carrier branded phone for this?

Thanks,
R

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I don’t mean to get off topic but I have not looked into dual sim... is this just so you have a second phone number on the same phone? Is it an unlocked version or do you think you need to get a carrier branded phone for this?

Thanks,
R

Dual Sim phones are available for Europe and Asia. AFAIK they don't have the bands for the US, and since they all run Exynos versions, Samsung is prohibited from selling them in the US. They can be unlocked or carrier locked. There are no single sim versions sold in my country for example, whether you buy it unlocked from Samsung or from a carrier, they're dual SIM. The second SIM is unlocked if you buy it carrier locked.

So yes, you have two numbers on the same phone. You can receive calls from either one and select which one to use to send a text message.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
My Note 9 duos hybrid model takes two SIM cards or one SIM and a Sd Card.

It has all the band's and frequencies to be able to use it anywhere.

The Duos Hybrid Note 9 is only available via Samsung direct.