OnePlus 6t. Who's switching.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've always liked what I've seen from OnePlus from the beginning. The T sounds like a great phone and would have made a great argument for going with the T and giving up a little bit to the competition if this phone was released in beginning of year versus the competition like S9 at full price. But like Mr. Mobile mentions is video below at the 5:30 mark, you can get an S9 for $599 now. So, for me, if I had to make the choice at the prices I can get these phones now, I'd go with the S9 just because you do get the extra features like the QHD display and the stereo speakers, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q1RA-Xl9hU

That's fair, and to each their own. I don't need QHD on a phone, nor stereo speakers and I do not care for the curved display or samsung's software so for me, this is the far better value and fits what I'm looking for in a device far better than anything Samsung, LG or even google is offering.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Naw. The price and screen fingerprint is enticing but thats about it. I doubt the battery will last as long as my Note 9

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm keeping the Note 9. mainly cause I actually use the S pen a lot but also because I just bought a P3 XL and now I have no money :)

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I just dont know yet. The 9 is sitting in the drawer, and I am using my Z2 Force as the DD. Its either the one + if and when Verizon gets it going or the Pixel after a price drop. Gonna have to put both in my hand at the store then decision time. Will keep all of them I purchase because I never sell or trade

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Won’t link the whole thing because I don’t want to get into the political aspect of it but just to show what organizations that spend their lives trying to find such things have found with huawei...

“Huawei has long been under suspicion for its ties to the Chinese government. It was founded by former People’s Liberation Army engineer Ren Zhengfei, and its private ownership structure is entirely opaque. Any serious association with the Xi administration would be alarming given its well-documented disregard for citizens’ privacy.

However, Huawei provides infrastructure and consumer devices to almost all of the US’ major allies, and the US is yet to substantiate its warnings. The UK government, for instance, set up and oversees a cybersecurity facility in England that is dedicated to finding backdoors in Huawei products and is yet to turn up much of note. Meanwhile, Edward Snowden’s leaks showed how the NSA has been spying on Huawei for years.”

Flossy Carter has for long time endorsed huawei phones having secured “Thot protection” in these phones. Be assured your privacy is kept. ;)

National security is more important than play things.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Won’t link the whole thing because I don’t want to get into the political aspect of it but just to show what organizations that spend their lives trying to find such things have found with huawei...

“Huawei has long been under suspicion for its ties to the Chinese government. It was founded by former People’s Liberation Army engineer Ren Zhengfei, and its private ownership structure is entirely opaque. Any serious association with the Xi administration would be alarming given its well-documented disregard for citizens’ privacy.

However, Huawei provides infrastructure and consumer devices to almost all of the US’ major allies, and the US is yet to substantiate its warnings. The UK government, for instance, set up and oversees a cybersecurity facility in England that is dedicated to finding backdoors in Huawei products and is yet to turn up much of note. Meanwhile, Edward Snowden’s leaks showed how the NSA has been spying on Huawei for years.”

Flossy Carter has for long time endorsed huawei phones having secured “Thot protection” in these phones. Be assured your privacy is kept. ;)
I agree but as a precaution when they thought something was up, I can't blame them. Better than the alternative. After all it is China.

sleepnclass

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I have Nova and my launcher's settings are the least of my worries. It's actually reinstalling all those hundreds of apps and then reestablishing the accounts, etc. Backing up and restoring SMS and my other chat histories, etc. I don't use SmartSwitch since I don't like to copy potential problems over, but that's just for Samsung phones. I wouldn't even have that option going to another maker.

I reserve having to do this to once a year max when I switch phones. :)

1password helps.

sleepnclass

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I fell for the one plus hype with the 5. thought that phone was boring and meh. I have a 6 now and it's much less meh than the 5 but I won't get a 6t. maybe a 7t. for now I'm content with the note 9 and pixel 3 xl.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
No.

Coming from a 7 Plus and not actually buying a flagship device within the first year, let alone the first month, I'm happy with my choice. My battery lasts me all day consistently, standby doesn't kill my phone while in my pocket, S-Pen helps me keep up with remembering things that come to mind. Nothing else is really getting me to switch minus design choices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12