Please forgive me if there is already a thread about this this.

I would, however, like to request some advice...

I just recently got married. My wife is on AT&T and I am on Sprint.

The contact my wife is on with AT&T ends in February.

I am considering purchasing a new Unlocked Samsung Note 9 so that once my wife's AT&T contact is over, we can both Shop Around and go with AT&T or Sprint or T-Mobile or Verizon.

If possible, please let me know how difficult it would be for me to program and use an Unlocked Samsung Note 9 on Sprint, and please let me know what Sprint features I will be unable to us.
    10-28-2018 07:03 PM
    Google specs for the phone and find a result with my three supported frequency bands.
    Google bands used by sprint and compare.
    If the phone supports sprint's bands, you should only have to pop in the correct size SIM and go.
    kct1975 likes this.
    10-28-2018 08:59 PM
    Google specs for the phone and find a result with my three supported frequency bands.
    Google bands used by sprint and compare.
    If the phone supports sprint's bands, you should only have to pop in the correct size SIM and go.
    Thank you for your advice.

However, I already spoke with a Samsung Rep at a Best Buy store over the weekend, and he confirmed that the Unlocked Note 9 would work with both Sprint and AT&T (and also Verizon or T-Mobile).

While I have been convinced that the Unlocked Note 9 will work on all networks (Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile), what I am concerned about is whether I will encounter any connection problems (weak signal or call drops or problems connecting to the network).
    I am also concerned about any carrier features that I might not be able to use or will have problems with using, such as Voicemail or WiFi Calling, etc.

I am just hoping to find out if I will be able to get an Unlocked Samsung Note 9 and be able to reliably use it on any USA network, without any major problems or frustrations.

Any additional information would be helpful and much appreciated.
    10-29-2018 07:15 AM
    Hi - I have an unlocked Note 9 (purchased from Best Buy). It was no problem to get it working on the Verizon network. I simply put in the sim that I was using on my HTC 10 (you would need to get a Verizon sim, or one from which ever carrier you choose).

The signal and reception is great.

The bad news is that indeed there are some things lost when you do not have the ROM from the carrier. I do not have wifi calling, and although I do have VOLTE calling, I do not have the video advanced calling.

Also, when comparing to my wife's S9, there are some menu options that just simply are not there.

Overall, while everything works fine, I still think it is better to get a phone from your carrier. That is a personal opinion. If you get a killer deal on an unlocked, it may be worth it, however.

R
    kct1975 likes this.
    10-29-2018 02:59 PM
    I have an unlocked US model working on Sprint that I purchased from Best Buy. You will need a special sim card that is normally provided by Sprint to run the device on their network. It works great and no issues with the services or anything like that. The phone comes with no bloatware and you will need to install some of the Sprint apps if you want to use them, like Visual voicemail and some of the others. Personally I don't use them so I never installed them. Only thing you will miss I believe is wifi calling but then again for me I never use it, so was never an issue.
    kct1975 likes this.
    10-29-2018 04:12 PM
    With Sprint you never know what you'll wind up with. I have them now, although they have gotten better connectivity in a lot if areas. Customer Service just horrible.

I found that dealing with Accounts Dept. usually gets all matters resolved. And with all due respect, 99% of the time it's an English speaking person on the other end.

No merger, I'm out.
    JHStewart1023, al3azim and kct1975 like this.
    10-30-2018 12:42 AM