I am looking to get a new phone in January and not sure which of these to get. I would prefer the Samsung as I have an s8 and i like the phone and understand how updates work etc on Samsung (Huawei seem more undefined with that).

The mate through seems to have a better camera, a better battery, a more powerful chip. Logic would say that is the better buy. It is also cheaper on three in the uk.

So note 9 users, what do you love about this phone?
    10-29-2018 05:58 AM
    What are the specs of the 20? How bright can it get? How much ram and memory? What processor? Have you gone to the store and compared them? Gotta do some homework.
    kptsalami likes this.
    10-29-2018 06:37 AM
    What are the specs of the 20? How bright can it get? How much ram and memory? What processor? Have you gone to the store and compared them? Gotta do some homework.
    Very good. Also know what are you looking for in a smartphone.
    10-29-2018 07:01 AM
    The problem with Huawei is support and warranty is questionable.

I upgrade every 4-6 months so I never have to worry about it.

I love Huawei ever since the Google 6P. I had the P10+ and now the P20 Pro. My only complaint is the OS but Nova Launcher Prime and Urman and Umbra icon packs solves it.

I could care less about the Camera and doubt Performance is noticeable, I'm sure on paper it looks good.

What I love is the Twilight color and IR Blaster.
    10-29-2018 07:19 AM
    I will be biased as I've used an Honor 8 (a Huawei phone) and loved it, so I would get the Mate 20 if I was in your position. However, if you are used to Samsung and how the OS works, perhaps go with what you know! Let us know what you decide!
    10-29-2018 07:26 AM
    I am looking to get a new phone in January and not sure which of these to get. I would prefer the Samsung as I have an s8 and i like the phone and understand how updates work etc on Samsung (Huawei seem more undefined with that).

The mate through seems to have a better camera, a better battery, a more powerful chip. Logic would say that is the better buy. It is also cheaper on three in the uk.

Check this thread I made about this topic:

Went to the store to buy a Note 9, ended up with a Mate 20 Pro

10-29-2018 07:29 AM
    I'll get the note
    10-29-2018 12:44 PM
    I'll get the note
    Curious as to why? What are the factors?
    10-29-2018 12:57 PM
    Curious as to why? What are the factors?
    one the spen

Second the options of I want my battery to last all day it can if I want to make look like a mate20 pro I can also
    10-29-2018 01:02 PM
    one the spen

Second the options of I want my battery to last all day it can if I want to make look like a mate20 pro I can also
    From what I've seen with my friends who use Huawei phones their phones normally have a longer lasting battery than any other phone brands on the market, even if the battery capacity may be the same as other phones
    10-29-2018 01:52 PM
    From what I've seen with my friends who use Huawei phones their phones normally have a longer lasting battery than any other phone brands on the market, even if the battery capacity may be the same as other phones
    If I put my screen resolution on HD (720p) my battery will last as long as mate 20 or any Huawei phone I dont put my phone on full blast all the time only if I'm doing intense things with it
    11-02-2018 07:00 PM
    If I put my screen resolution on HD (720p) my battery will last as long as mate 20 or any Huawei phone I dont put my phone on full blast all the time only if I'm doing intense things with it
    Isn't the mate 20 pro resolution higher than Note 9....?...I am buying the mate 20 pro when launched in my country...And will have note 9 aswell..best of both worlds...
    11-02-2018 07:48 PM

I don't think the camera will be better on the Mate 20. No OIS. I would think the Mate 20 Pro will probably be better. But with my Note 9 I have a lot more LTE bands, Samsung Pay and S Pen so I will probably stick with it. Plus the Mate 20 Pro will cost more $$ than a Note 9
    11-02-2018 08:58 PM
    I'd get the one I like the best.

FWIW, I have a Note 9 with matching Galaxy Watch LTE.
    11-02-2018 09:28 PM
    Isn't the mate 20 pro resolution higher than Note 9....?...I am buying the mate 20 pro when launched in my country...And will have note 9 aswell..best of both worlds...
    Damn jealous of you...
    11-03-2018 01:59 AM
    I tried leaving my note 9 on HD but I could really tell the difference so I switched back to FHD. How much difference in battery life if I kept it in HD though?
    11-03-2018 02:00 AM
    Hi all, wee update. Last night I ordered the note 9. I did a bit of digging and there was just a few too many inconsistencies with the mate 20, issues with video recording, with undelivered features, build quality. I know these are all likely easily resolvable,but, they indicate to me that Huawei whilst building awesome phones are not quite mature enough yet to be dropping that level of cash on. On the other hand my s8 has been a joy to use, more stable than any iPhone I used and has even gained features in its time (used super low mo last night for the first time with awesome results! On an s8!).

Looking forward to the spen, specifically screen memos, the bigger battery too. Hopefully I can collect it later today.
    11-03-2018 02:29 AM
    Hi all, wee update. Last night I ordered the note 9. I did a bit of digging and there was just a few too many inconsistencies with the mate 20, issues with video recording, with undelivered features, build quality. I know these are all likely easily resolvable,but, they indicate to me that Huawei whilst building awesome phones are not quite mature enough yet to be dropping that level of cash on. On the other hand my s8 has been a joy to use, more stable than any iPhone I used and has even gained features in its time (used super low mo last night for the first time with awesome results! On an s8!).

Looking forward to the spen, specifically screen memos, the bigger battery too. Hopefully I can collect it later today.
    I think you made the better choice. The Mate 20 Pro has better specs but no S pen and is slightly costlier. Factor in the lack of a warranty and unfamiliarity and your comfort with Samsung and the Note 9 is the one (imo)
    11-03-2018 06:12 AM
    I think you made the better choice. The Mate 20 Pro has better specs but no S pen and is slightly costlier. Factor in the lack of a warranty and unfamiliarity and your comfort with Samsung and the Note 9 is the one (imo)
    Yeah, I just didn't feel the time is right with Huawei when it comes to this scale of money. For this type of money I want to know I have long term quality and support and there is too much mystery with Huawei for me. I couldn't find a commited to security update or version upgrade schedule so I am happy to stick.

And...the note 9 is still largely considered if not they best or close second best Android on the market for quality and features so I'm not making much a sacrifice.
    11-03-2018 06:19 AM
    I tried leaving my note 9 on HD but I could really tell the difference so I switched back to FHD. How much difference in battery life if I kept it in HD though?
    With HD on heavy use I get 12-13 hours FHD I get 7 -8 hours WQHD I get 6 to 7 hours

I mean real heavy use not like those you tube videos
    I watch movies downloading movies be on social media for hours make phone calls for hours read and send emails play intense games the whole 9
    The note 9 is the best phone out period
    j_hansen likes this.
    11-03-2018 09:31 AM
    With HD on heavy use I get 12-13 hours FHD I get 7 -8 hours WQHD I get 6 to 7 hours

I mean real heavy use not like those you tube videos
    I watch movies downloading movies be on social media for hours make phone calls for hours read and send emails play intense games the whole 9
    The note 9 is the best phone out period
    U mean 12-13 hours of SOT?

Yeah dude my heavy is like torrenting movies while watching netlfix and video call at the same time and also I'm always playing games like pubg.
    11-03-2018 02:20 PM
    U mean 12-13 hours of SOT?

Yeah dude my heavy is like torrenting movies while watching netlfix and video call at the same time and also I'm always playing games like pubg.
    I mean that how long the phone last through out the day
    11-03-2018 02:29 PM
    If third party launchers like Nova Prime and Icon Packs wasn't possible then I would say go with the Note 9.

Sorry but as much as I love the IR Blaster and Twilight color I can't see myself buying Huawei (and LG) because their OS is fugly.
    11-03-2018 02:32 PM