Note 9 Otterbox Defender sharp lip question

CSOReaper

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

I currently run a Spigen Tough Armor case on my Note 9. It has a rubber inner case which I like for keeping the phone pristine. I picked up an Otterbox Defender and notice two things.

One, the edges on the inside of the case are very sharp. Could that somehow damage the phone scrating against it?

Two, plastic inner case. Any worries of phone damage from the plastic being subjected to the glass on the phone?

Thanks

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

I currently run a Spigen Tough Armor case on my Note 9. It has a rubber inner case which I like for keeping the phone pristine. I picked up an Otterbox Defender and notice two things.

One, the edges on the inside of the case are very sharp. Could that somehow damage the phone scrating against it?

Two, plastic inner case. Any worries of phone damage from the plastic being subjected to the glass on the phone?

Thanks

I've used the Defender on the s8 plus, Note 8 and Note 9. haven't noticed any scratches on any of the phones from the case at all.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Hey all,

Thanks

I have never noticed any scratches from using a Defender. If you're that concerned you could also apply a skin like DBrand just in case. I also have the WhiteStone Dome glass installed on my Note9 and I used a Rotary tool with a sandpaper attachment and slightly grinded down the inside plastic so it gave more wiggle room so the Glass screen never comes in contact with the Defender case.