Two Chrome broswers

cchou168

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Wondering if someone can help me here. I have two Chrome broswers on my phone. One is the normal Chrome browser app icon while there is another one which has a little dup thing near the bottom right of it. You know like if you enabled the dual message features which you will see two WhatsApp icons. I never remembered there was some features like dual Chrome browser. Can someone tell me how to get rid of the second Chrome icon?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Where are you seeing the two Chrome icons, on your home screen, on your app drawer or in settings - apps?

You could try this. Go to settings - apps - select one of them - scroll all the way down that screen - one of the last options should be "app details" - if the app shows up as installed from the Play Store tap that message and see the details. Repeat the same process for the other app and see if there's any difference between them.

cchou168

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I never installed a second Chrome browser myself. And I don't have the option to uninstall it. Only option is to disable it... Weird. Screenshot_20181030-212834_Samsung%20Experience%20Home.jpeg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There isn’t an option for Chrome there. There are WeChat, WhatsApp, Facebook and Messenger “. Nothing else...
I searched a little bit and it seems that's normal when you enable dual messenger. It creates a clone for the messaging app that was selected and duplicates for Chrome and Google Play services (check this in settings - apps). I wonder if this is related to the System Webview, included in Chrome.

Some users reported that even the settings app was duplicated. I haven't found any solution to remove these clones but it seems definitely related to dual messenger.

neo158

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Here's an interesting question, do you use your Note 9 for work?

The reason I ask is that I had the same thing on a work phone.

neo158

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes I use primary for work but what's is the different really???

I'm not sure but I assume it tries to separate personal usage from work usage. You would think they would do something similar to Blackberry 10 and have separate work and personal spaces instead.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I searched a little bit and it seems that's normal when you enable dual messenger. It creates a clone for the messaging app that was selected and duplicates for Chrome and Google Play services (check this in settings - apps). I wonder if this is related to the System Webview, included in Chrome.

Some users reported that even the settings app was duplicated. I haven't found any solution to remove these clones but it seems definitely related to dual messenger.
Messages uses Chrome to preview and display web content might be one reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2