One feature I really miss from my V20 was the Smart Actions, which let me pick a music player to start up when I plugged in my phones. Is there anything comparable on the Note 9?

And yes, I googled it, but found null.

Thank you.
    10-31-2018 09:26 AM
    One feature I really miss from my V20 was the Smart Actions, which let me pick a music player to start up when I plugged in my phones. Is there anything comparable on the Note 9?

Thank you.
    Can you not use tasker to do that??

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.taskerm
    10-31-2018 10:26 AM

Thank you.
    Is this something Bixby can be programmed to do?
    10-31-2018 11:46 AM
    I would think Samsung Routines would do that:

silverfang77 and anon(20964) like this.
    10-31-2018 11:56 AM
    I use Good Lock for this very purpose and many others.

Works perfect!
    silverfang77 likes this.
    10-31-2018 03:35 PM
    Yes, I use Goodlock for many things. And the Routines module as others said is great. Much easier than a complicated app like tasker, though that can do infinitely more.

Go into Samsung store app, download Goodlock. Tap on Routines. Tap on the + symbol, bottom right. Type a name for your routine, e.g., headphone connect. Tap "add condition". Scroll down to "Phone" and tap "headphones connection". The condition should default to headphone connected, but you'll see a dual arrow on the right so you can change the condition to headphones disconnected. You'll want headphones connected.

Tap on "add action", scroll down to actions and tap on "launch an app". An app list appears and select an app. Then press save at the top.

Don't forget 4 things.

1. You can do the same as I have said but in reverse so that you can nominate to launch an app when the headphones are disconnected. Just create the above routine but instead of "headphones connected", tap the dual arrow and select "headphones disconnected.

2. You can toggle this routine on and off. If you know you're going to use headphones for YouTube and don't want Play music launching, you can go into routines and toggle your headphone routine off.

3. You can add a widget to your homescreen for the entire Routine module. Or, you can select individual routines and add a widget. So you can add the headphones routine specifically to homescreen and tap that on and off.

4. You can add other actions to your condition to headphone connect. Tap on action and you can add more actions than just launching a specific app when the headphone connects. You can select screen brightness , set volume, set do not disturb etc. So multiple things can be done with one condition of connecting headphones.
    silverfang77 likes this.
    10-31-2018 06:33 PM
    Thanks much. I downloaded Good Routines and created the task. It seemed to work when I tried it.
    10-31-2018 07:53 PM
    Thanks much. I downloaded Good Routines and created the task. It seemed to work when I tried it.
    No problem. Play around with it cause it can do a lot of things. Also, just in case you're in the habit of wanting multiple apps opened when you plug in headphones. For e.g., when you connect headphones you may be in the habit of listening to Spotify + Netflix + YouTube. Routines can't do that because once you add the action of launching 1 app with headphones connection, that action option is closed.

This is where you can use Bixby and quick commands. You can set up a quick command, call it "headphones" and then add multiple launch app options. So that you have as many apps as you want launch when you connected to headphones. Plus of course adjust screen, brightness, volume, do not disturb etc. And the last app to be launched appears first.

Another option for you. I do it myself with a quick command called " favourite apps" that launches 8 apps with internet browser appearing on top.
    10-31-2018 11:51 PM
    I just played around myself with Routines and there is a work around to using it to launch multiple applications. For e.g., you may have Play music setup to launch with headphones connected. You then set up another routine that lists the launch of Play music as a "condition". You then set up the "action" of launching another app, say YouTube, when Play music is launched, (condition). You then can set up another routine to launch say Netflix (action) when YouTube is launched, (condition). And so on.

Gosh I'm clever. Insert smiley face.
    silverfang77 likes this.
    11-01-2018 12:13 AM