Looking to pick up the Note 9 in a few weeks and wondering if people are using Hangouts and/or G Voice on the phone, without any problems.
    Tried using G Voice on my Note 5 but had issues so went back to just Hangouts. That still gives me problems calling out every once in a while though.
    11-01-2018 02:51 PM
    Have you considered trying WhatsApp. I'm not sure if it's any better but it's worth a try. The main problem I've had with voice calls on all the platforms is latency.
    11-01-2018 06:34 PM
    I'm still using Hangouts and Hangouts Dialer on my Note 9 for my GVoice line, no issues at all. I do so out of habit because the GVoice app was dismal before, but I've heard it's improved... I've even used it on both WiFi and mobile data in China (granted, on a T-Mo SIM, so it kinda bypasses the China 'firewall' somehow and does allow me to use Google sites/services there while on mobile...anyway, I digress...it worked even on mobile abroad).
    socal and djrakowski like this.
    11-01-2018 06:42 PM
    Have you considered trying WhatsApp. I'm not sure if it's any better but it's worth a try. The main problem I've had with voice calls on all the platforms is latency.
    That is great...if your contact has Whatsapp. The 'beauty' of a GVoice line is that you have that... a line. So you're calling a phone and they see a phone number show up on the call, yet you can use it over data on any device. Downside is you can only do that to US/Canada numbers, though... and for some reason? Puerto Rico numbers don't work with GVoice. Go figure...
    11-01-2018 06:43 PM
    I use Whatsapp and Viber for local and international calls all the time. They work great.
    11-01-2018 06:53 PM
    I have a separate GVoice number I use for business so I want it to show up on the other person's phone, when calling.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-01-2018 07:21 PM
    I have a separate GVoice number I use for business so I want it to show up on the other person's phone, when calling.
    I do that. GV works seamlessly for calls, texts and voicemail.
    socal likes this.
    11-01-2018 08:06 PM
    So it seems both options work well, just pick the one you like the most then!
    11-01-2018 08:57 PM
    I'm still using Hangouts and Hangouts Dialer on my Note 9 for my GVoice line, no issues at all. I do so out of habit because the GVoice app was dismal before, but I've heard it's improved... I've even used it on both WiFi and mobile data in China (granted, on a T-Mo SIM, so it kinda bypasses the China 'firewall' somehow and does allow me to use Google sites/services there while on mobile...anyway, I digress...it worked even on mobile abroad).
    And now you can use the GV app to place calls over Wi-Fi, too!
    11-02-2018 08:11 AM