November Update

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
November update has made my Google Assistant begin to disobey me. I've never had any trouble with the Google Assistant up until this last November update. Google if you're listening, fix it now. I wiped cache partition uninstalled and installed apps and still it's haywire. It reacts maybe two times out of the day to my voice. But most of the time it doesn't recognize my voice.
Hopefully a fix is right behind this update, anyone else having trouble?

Last edited:

applejosh

May 20, 2010
Visit site
My carrier is AT&T but phone is unlocked variant. Just got October SP last week or so. I would be amazed if I get November before next month.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
November update has made my Google Assistant begin to disobey me. I've never had any trouble with the Google Assistant up until this last November update. Google if you're listening, fix it now. I wiped cache partition uninstalled and installed apps and still it's haywire. It reacts maybe two times out of the day to my voice. But most have a good time it doesn't recognize my voice.
Hopefully a fix is right behind this update, anyone else having trouble?

Blame Google app, 1ARJA November patch has nothing to do with you bug, Google app just released another update .v8.49

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Blame Google app, 1ARJA November patch has nothing to do with you bug, Google app just released another update .v8.49

Great, my grandson will be here Wednesday, he'll figure it out, before I do a full reset. I just had prostate surgery and along with my back condition, I rely heavily on the Google Assistant.
I just sold my OP5T 2 weeks ago. I'll be alright, she's leaving her note 9 home for now. I'll be alright, but freaking hate this, never had any issues with my phone.

applejosh

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Unlocked version (US) and still on the Oct. My S9+ (unlocked - US) got the November update yesterday. Hoping the Note isn't far behind. So far updates have been better than it was with the S8/N8 but if I recall, the first few months into the "8" releases, they were quicker as well. Hopefully this go around it is more long term in terms of timely updates.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Got the November update about 12 hours ago. I'm in Sydney, unlocked, unbranded note 9. (Exynos, dual SIM, international model)

Attachments

• 7901.jpg
    7901.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 47

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with Spotify? I installed the ARJ8 when it came out and I have been having issues with Spotify since. I am not sure if it's related to the update, but it buffers and then stops even when the app shows the songs are still playing. I uninstalled Spotify, cleared the cache on my phone and reinstalled Spotify but it hasn't helped.

Just checked my updates again and there an ARK1 update avail to dowload. Shows Nov 1 security patch and it's about 94.25MB. Keeping my fingers crossed that this update will fix it.

applejosh

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with Spotify? I installed the ARJ8 when it came out and I have been having issues with Spotify since. I am not sure if it's related to the update, but it buffers and then stops even when the app shows the songs are still playing. I uninstalled Spotify, cleared the cache on my phone and reinstalled Spotify but it hasn't helped.

Just checked my updates again and there an ARK1 update avail to dowload. Shows Nov 1 security patch and it's about 94.25MB. Keeping my fingers crossed that this update will fix it.

I've had issues with Spotify the past week and my unlocked US model Note is still on October. First, Spotify somehow lost all my downloaded playlists. Then it kept moving them from the SD card back to device memory. And then it just kept showing a blank screen (even after letting it sit all night). So, this morning, I force stopped it, cleared the cache, cleared the data, uninstalled, set Google backup to NOT restore settings when apps are installed, and re-installed Spotify. Trying to see if things stick with this process (so far so good). Long story short, I think spotify has issues and not related to November update (at least as far as my issues).