Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Hey!

I have two sims in my note9: sim1 -ireland nr, sim2 - romanian nr. If I try to set up the "dual sim always on" option (regardless of the choice: so either both sim cards, sim1 to sim2 or sim2 to sim1) i get an error that for both sims call forwarding failed, but call waiting is on for both. Can you please help me with this? I really need to hear when somebody calls me on the sim that i am not using at the moment i am in a call.

Thnx!
    11-05-2018 03:03 PM
    The Note 9 is dual-SIM standby. That means that, while it can have 2 SIMs installed, only 1 can be the active one. What you want to do requires a phone with dual-SIM active, not a Note 9.
    11-05-2018 04:34 PM
    Looks like its working properly to me, lol jk
    Attached Thumbnails Dual sim not working properly-smartselect_20181105-175539_samsung-internet.jpg  
    11-05-2018 05:59 PM
    Hey!

I have two sims in my note9: sim1 -ireland nr, sim2 - romanian nr. If I try to set up the "dual sim always on" option (regardless of the choice: so either both sim cards, sim1 to sim2 or sim2 to sim1) i get an error that for both sims call forwarding failed, but call waiting is on for both. Can you please help me with this? I really need to hear when somebody calls me on the sim that i am not using at the moment i am in a call.

Thnx!
    I think the problem may be that both your providers require the call-forwarding destination to be within the home country, and given that the SIMs are from different countries altogether, activating call forwarding may fail just because of that. Try 2 SIMs from the same country and see if the feature activates properly. I am using two different local SIMs and it works just fine on my S9+.
    11-07-2018 11:22 AM
    The Note 9 is dual-SIM standby. That means that, while it can have 2 SIMs installed, only 1 can be the active one. What you want to do requires a phone with dual-SIM active, not a Note 9.
    You sure about that? Mine specifically says in the settings
    "Dual sims always on. Receive calls from both Sim cards even during calls". I haven't had two calls yet to verify that but that is what it says.

In case anybody is wondering you also get lte on both sims. When I was researching the phone before I bought it some web sites said only 2g on second Sim.
    11-26-2018 07:58 PM
    You sure about that? Mine specifically says in the settings
    "Dual sims always on. Receive calls from both Sim cards even during calls". I haven't had two calls yet to verify that but that is what it says.

In case anybody is wondering you also get lte on both sims. When I was researching the phone before I bought it some web sites said only 2g on second Sim.
    2G only on 2nd sim if it's locked. If I put the same carrier on my SIM2 it gets the 4G. If I put a competing carrier there's only 2G.
    11-26-2018 10:57 PM
    The Samsung dual SIMs can receive calls from either SIM at any given time.
    11-26-2018 11:00 PM
    2G only on 2nd sim if it's locked. If I put the same carrier on my SIM2 it gets the 4G. If I put a competing carrier there's only 2G.
    So you have a dual Sim phone locked to your carrier? Didn't know they sold them locked.
    11-26-2018 11:15 PM
    So you have a dual Sim phone locked to your carrier? Didn't know they sold them locked.
    Yup. All Samsungs sold in my country are dual sim (I'm in SEA)
    11-26-2018 11:17 PM
    Oh ok.
    11-26-2018 11:25 PM