11-29-2018 03:33 AM
38 12
tools
    I have a ring on my case and have had no issues anywhere using Samsung Pay.
    11-07-2018 06:35 AM
    100% success rate at Walmart for me
    11-07-2018 08:10 AM
    Works great for me, especially when I have money. 😥
    11-07-2018 11:54 AM
    Isn't it easier to install the Walmart app, then just scan the QR code when you get to the register, put the phone away and you're all set? (And the receipt is on the phone.) If you use the same account/card on both, the money is coming from the same place. (And in about a year [more?] of using the Walmart app, I've never had a single time it didn't work if the terminal was working. The phone logs into the Walmart wifi by the time I've passed the doors on the way in, so It's scan, put away [and maybe take out and show, if the person at the door doesn't know you].)
    tube517 likes this.
    11-07-2018 03:40 PM
    100% success everytime with Phone and Gear S3. I have the Galaxy Watch now so haven't tried.
    11-07-2018 04:03 PM
    Mine has worked no problem at Walmart and Kroger. One time I used it at AcMoore and it locked down the register and it couldn't be unlocked.
    11-09-2018 06:04 AM
    Isn't it easier to install the Walmart app, then just scan the QR code when you get to the register, put the phone away and you're all set? (And the receipt is on the phone.) If you use the same account/card on both, the money is coming from the same place. (And in about a year [more?] of using the Walmart app, I've never had a single time it didn't work if the terminal was working. The phone logs into the Walmart wifi by the time I've passed the doors on the way in, so It's scan, put away [and maybe take out and show, if the person at the door doesn't know you].)
    Wal-Mart Pay doesn't reward you for using their app.
    11-09-2018 05:34 PM
    This is what I use.
    11-09-2018 05:48 PM
    Back of the phone to the card reader. Usually reads by just holding it there but there have been times where I've had to move the phone up or down by the card swipe. I have always been able to get it to work at least on the second try. Usually the first though. I have more issues at my local Subway for some reason. It's the only place I struggle with Samsung Pay.
    For some reason I always have to do it twice at Subway for it to go though. I think I has to do with there Verifone Reader.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    11-20-2018 10:31 PM
    I think I've had two successful transactions out of probably 20. No error message, it just doesn't work. Called manager, she had no idea why it wouldn't work. She said call the 800 cs number. They had no idea and said to call the manager of the store. Many suggestions on line that WM is blocking SP in favor of their Walmart Pay but I found no current chatter about it and in today's world, an article that is several months old is not reliable. So what's your Samsung Pay/Walmart success rate and have you been told management at WM that they no longer accept SP?
    I can guarantee you Walmart does not block it. They just dont use the NFC on the Ingenico ISC-250 Readers. I know because I work on there systems for a living. You just need to hold your phone flat against the card slot and movie it slightly around until you figure out the sweet spot.
    cwbcpa and thecomicbookandme like this.
    11-20-2018 10:35 PM
    Ok, so I'm in the UK but it works every time and everywhere so far. quite happy
    11-21-2018 02:55 AM
    Wal-Mart Pay doesn't reward you for using their app.
    To me it's more fun to use the phone because you're not supposed to be able to LOL
    11-21-2018 05:07 AM
    I broke down and installed the Walmart Pay app. At least it works. No problem with SP anywhere else!
    11-29-2018 03:33 AM
38 12