How long does everyone anticipate keeping the Note 9?

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
I'll probably keep mine until I break it or the battery has degraded enough that I cannot get through a day of good use without it dying.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I will need at least a year to go through all the settings and customizing then I will need another year enjoying my customization.

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
When did the 9 came out? LOL

I was supposed to sell it last week but the buyer low balled me.

Selling it for iPhone XR 256GB Yellow. I always said I treat them more like a toys instead of a communication device, which is probably why I constantly upgrade. Also, I forgot how much better the apps are on iOS meaning most are supported using FaceID. Some apps on android still doesn't support FPS.

So where talking about a few months here.
Did I read that right? You'd take a XR over a Note 9? And you're posting this in a Note 9 forum.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
S10. UFS3 + SD855
S11: DDR5 + ?
S12: SnapDragon (1000?) with Windows support

ROI trade-in ~$350 yearly and Samsung stays in $999 ballpark

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. I was just curious how long will you all keep the Note 9? I myself came from a Galaxy S5, so it was 4 years for me.

For me, only 1 thing could get me to consider upgrading to the Note 10 - if it came out with the graphene cathode lithium ion battery that recharges 5 times faster than a standard Li ion battery. I'm still doubting that graphene batteries will be released anytime soon.

No other feature would entice me to upgrade next year. But a phone that fully charged in 20 mins I would seriously consider.

Otherwise for me I will keep for my full 2 year contract then pay out the lease and consider the S12 if I know there will be no Note 12. I know what I'm like and would probably hang out to S13. If there is confirmed a Note 12 I'd pick that up but I'm going to assume the Note line won't continue. I'm also assuming the folding phone will be a niche expensive product.

What about the rest of you?

Hmm.. I agree that the the battery upgrade would be a tremdous influence in spending more money AGAIN. I just upgraded from a Note 8 (stupid, I know) to this Note 9. I DID, however, get the beast 512. So, I'm really wanting this monster to get me two+ strong years... I'm an old man and don't normally drop and abuse my belongingings anymore... (can't tell you how many Raybans I sat in, lost, got stolen by tard friends, or scratched beyond belief.
This is my "mobile" computer away from home and I know it's capable of whatever I need it to do... It's just up to me to maintain its health...

Hence, this forum. ;)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Most likely, when the next Note comes out. Unless there is some fantastic price during pre-order, it will probably be about a month after launch again when the deals come out.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
Several years with having the battery replaced when it can no longer hold a charge. The Note 9 offers everything I want in a pocket computer.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I usually keep my phone for 2-3 years. The only way I would upgrade next year is if the Note 10 is amazing.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The 18 months that sprint tied me to it LOL

You might want to check that because even though it says 18 months I know sprint does the galaxy forever program with the flagship samsungs you can upgrade after 12 months to the new galaxy. It would show under your device agreement on your my sprint page

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hard to say for me. Love it. Easily see a year or more.

Have the black sprint 128 GB with black pen.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
i like it and want to keep it but was already looking at trade in deals for the Mate 20. I'm holding off for now but I'm always looking to upgrade, can't help myself

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star