How long does everyone anticipate keeping the Note 9?

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I was just curious how long will you all keep the Note 9? I myself came from a Galaxy S5, so it was 4 years for me.

For me, only 1 thing could get me to consider upgrading to the Note 10 - if it came out with the graphene cathode lithium ion battery that recharges 5 times faster than a standard Li ion battery. I'm still doubting that graphene batteries will be released anytime soon.

No other feature would entice me to upgrade next year. But a phone that fully charged in 20 mins I would seriously consider.

Otherwise for me I will keep for my full 2 year contract then pay out the lease and consider the S12 if I know there will be no Note 12. I know what I'm like and would probably hang out to S13. If there is confirmed a Note 12 I'd pick that up but I'm going to assume the Note line won't continue. I'm also assuming the folding phone will be a niche expensive product.

What about the rest of you?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I just can't imagine a phone having anything else that could entice me to upgrade. It's the epitome of, the pinnacle of cell phone technology :D

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I just can't imagine a phone having anything else that could entice me to upgrade. It's the epitome of, the pinnacle of cell phone technology :D

Okay so 5G will be available. Big deal, 5G won't roll out for a few years. 3 cameras instead of 2 is really nothing for me. In display fingerprint reader? I'm perfectly happy with the reader on the Note 9.

Some more functionality of the S pen etc. All the usual extras. The only thing that will probably be significantly improved is the 7nm processor vs 10nm. But the one in the Note 9 is no slouch so not really anticipating upgrading.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
if the S10 wows me, I'll buy it. If not I'll wait and see what the Note 10 looks like. I usually keep my phone's until a new one comes out.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Just like my note8, I'll keep my note9 til it dies. But I'll be getting the note10 as well. Sorry. I'm a junkie for notes🤪

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
When did the 9 came out? LOL

I was supposed to sell it last week but the buyer low balled me.

Selling it for iPhone XR 256GB Yellow. I always said I treat them more like a toys instead of a communication device, which is probably why I constantly upgrade. Also, I forgot how much better the apps are on iOS meaning most are supported using FaceID. Some apps on android still doesn't support FPS.

So where talking about a few months here.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I keep saying I'm going to try to keep it at least two years like in the old days, but if the note 10 is enticing I'll probably be giving up this phone then.lol

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping to keep it for at least 3 years. I don't have the money to constantly upgrade and i need to learn to save money lol I love this phone and I plan to keep it as long as I can