I got a few questions about the note 9. first do you guys use the battery saver? I was using it.. but I wasn't getting my notifications and the system was slow. If anyone uses it could you show me screen shots? I turned off edge and always display. maybe it was i cut the cpu as well.

facebook messenger how do i turn off the bubble messages? I am getting double notifications. I can not figure out how to disable it.

I am just trying to figure out how i can save battery. I just switched from iphone to android. I have uninstalled apps and turned off features i do not use. I am open to any other tips if you have any. Thanks.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-06-2018 04:07 PM
    and the system was slow
    That's how it saves battery - it slows the CPU down.

Keep the screen brightness as low as is comfortable. Use a dark theme (AMOLED screens burn more battery for lighter displays.) Install Proximity Service, so you can blank the screen by putting the phone down face down (or laying something over the proximity detector or closing the wallet case if you use one.

I am just trying to figure out how i can save battery. I just switched from iphone to android. I have uninstalled apps and turned off features i do not use. I am open to any other tips if you have any. Thanks.
    Uninstalling apps doesn't save battery. There's something in every byte of storage, whether it's part of an app, part of some data or just a random byte. Keep the screen dark until you need it, and as dark as you're comfortable with when you use it.

(Androids use more battery than iPhones, that's just the way it is, because iPhones run native code, Androids use a Java interpreter, but Android phones are far more configurable.)
    11-06-2018 06:46 PM
    I don't use the battery saving mode any more than I use it on an iPhone. That is to say, almost never. I set up my Note with the same apps as my iPhone and use them equally as much. My battery life is as good as the XS Max, if not a little better depending on what I'm doing.

I can get a full day if I needed it out of the Note or iPhone, but I really don't worry about it. Between charging at home, office, car or a small very portable battery pack, I really don't see any reason to handicap my phone. Even if I only had access to one of those charging methods, it would get the job done.
    11-07-2018 05:38 AM