How do I add widgets for Wi-fi and GPS?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On my HTC I could add a widget to the home screeen which allowed me to very quickly turn on and off GPS and Wi-fi. I can't seem to find any way. When I turn on GPS (I only put it on when specifically need it), I have to navigate all the way through the settings menu; a real pain.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have and which Android version is it running? In most recent phones you can edit your quick settings panel to change the system toggles when you expand the status bar.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I just bought the new Samsung Note 9, running Oreo.
Thanks for registering. Yeah, in most recent phones you can still create those widgets but they won't work as toggles to switch things on & off, just like shortcuts to get you to the specific settings screen. Old classic apps like Power Toggles stopped working long time ago. I think your best option is using the toggles bar/quick settings panel.

I'll move your thread to the Note 9 forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Pull down notifications, pull the icons down again. Long-press an icon to get to the settings for it, Tap it to turn it on of off. Use the pencil (down at the bottom) to get into edit mode to move the icons around, so the ones you use most often are there after one pull.,

zavandiver

May 2, 2014
Visit site
The app HD Widgets lets you add custom widgets to your homescreen. I've used it in the past to silence the ringer. It has a ton of options for different settings and the appearance of the widget.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The app HD Widgets lets you add custom widgets to your homescreen. I've used it in the past to silence the ringer. It has a ton of options for different settings and the appearance of the widget.

Which one?
The one by Cloud.tv of HD Widgets Dev Team?
I would think the latter, but the former looks more like what you described.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae