always on display

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is this feature battery draining? Does it cause screen burn out? Should i leave it on or turn this off?

Uses about 1% an hour.
No it shouldn’t, it moves around.
Really up to you. I use it but when I’m not using my phone for a while, I’ll turn it face down so the proximity sensor turns off the always on display. I also set it to turn off at night.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I use it all the time it doesnt drain. What will drain is if your acreenis on a high brightness percentage for long, and when youre connected to bluetooth devices for extended time. I have a bluetooth keyboard I like to use at work with it.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
No worry with battery drain. It is for me one of the best features of Samsung's. Great to glance and see what's going on without having to switch screen on.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine is similar and have it set to 3/4 brightness. I set mine to go from 0600 to 2359.. No need to know the time after midnight and before waking up.
I had no idea you could set the brightness on the aod. Since the s8 I thought the screen and my picture was supposed to be that dark. I swear I learn new things everyday.lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung has the best customization with AOD and with the new one UI u can see them in colors the notification icons

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I use it all the time it doesnt drain. What will drain is if your acreenis on a high brightness percentage for long, and when youre connected to bluetooth devices for extended time. I have a bluetooth keyboard I like to use at work with it.

Maybe keyboards use more juice, but my phone is connected to my smartwatch all day long and there is no excessive drain.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to be able to turn off the battery percentage on AoD since I like to keep my percent indicator turned off.