Is it possible to have pictures taken by the camera to go straight into a specific folder in Google photos immediately after snapping a pic?
    11-10-2018 09:39 PM
    Is it possible to have pictures taken by the camera to go straight into a specific folder in Google photos immediately after snapping a pic?
    Do you use a micro SD card in your Sammy? You should be able to have pictures save to micro sd storage leaving your phone free from dealing with them. Hell have them saved straight to the cloud. You can always move them to your phone if you want to use one for something, like wallpaper, or to edit it using your phone's software or an external app that you might add from the play store or Amazon..
    Good luck!!
    fragologist likes this.
    11-10-2018 10:47 PM
    No I dont use an SD card. My wife and I are planning a trip and she wants to share a folder in Google photos so I don't have to continuously dump photos from my phone to Google photos. I would like, if possible, to have the photos I take to immediately go into the Google photos shared folder.
    11-11-2018 07:54 AM
    No I dont use an SD card. My wife and I are planning a trip and she wants to share a folder in Google photos so I don't have to continuously dump photos from my phone to Google photos. I would like, if possible, to have the photos I take to immediately go into the Google photos shared folder.
    You can setup Google Photos to automatically share photos to another person.

Open Google Photos on you phone
    Tap the 3 horizontal line button
    Click "Add partner account" -> Get started
    You can select to share all photos, photos of specific people, or only photos since a certain day

You can read more about the steps at https://support.google.com/photos/an...DAndroid&hl=en
    fragologist likes this.
    11-11-2018 11:00 AM
    To go into a specific folder, I'm not sure. To upload to Google automatically, change to upload on cellular data in the photo app.
    fragologist likes this.
    11-11-2018 11:49 AM
    You probably would not want the camera app to save directly to a cloud based location. It would drastically slow down the operation of the camera, having to wait between each shot.
    fragologist likes this.
    11-11-2018 05:40 PM
    You are better off buying a memory card so it will be quicker to save your photos.
    fragologist likes this.
    11-11-2018 05:51 PM
    Memory cards are the way to go. Even for this specific event you could invest in a OTG storage device that fits right on the keychain. Then after each day copy everything to your OTG storage device.
    That away you could either pass it along to your friends to use and you still have a copy of everything on your phone. Just a suggestion and they're pretty reasonably priced. Enjoy
    fragologist likes this.
    11-11-2018 06:24 PM