12-20-2018 07:57 AM
268 12345 ...
tools
    This is my first full day with the phone.... I'm at 59% after 5.75 hours on battery and 2.067 hours SoT...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d1677bcfb5.jpg
    Looking good , give more time after everything download and learns your usage patterns only gets better😊
    11-29-2018 06:47 PM
    Looking good , give more time after everything download and learns your usage patterns only gets better
    Ok cool. Samsung, despite battery size, always seems to underwhelm in my experience. But, I know they've toned down the Samsung Experience so I'll give it some time. Honestly though, I'm satisfied with the SoT. They just need to, and always have needed to, work on the standby battery drain.

With my 2 XL I get 4-5 hours more total battery time before hitting that much SoT.
    11-29-2018 07:28 PM
    Ok cool. Samsung, despite battery size, always seems to underwhelm in my experience. But, I know they've toned down the Samsung Experience so I'll give it some time. Honestly though, I'm satisfied with the SoT. They just need to, and always have needed to, work on the standby battery drain.

With my 2 XL I get 4-5 hours more total battery time before hitting that much SoT.
    Mine so far lose maybe 3% standby from time I go to sleep and wake up which is almost 8 hours

I still have my pixel 2xl 4 to 5 sot is about right with 15 to 18 hours before charging

My pixel 3xl got 7 to 8 sot and 1 day battery before charging

My note 9
    10 sot 15 to 18 hours use alot
    Or 5 to 6 sot 2 days before charging not using alot
    11-29-2018 07:52 PM
    Mine so far lose maybe 3% standby from time I go to sleep and wake up which is almost 8 hours

I still have my pixel 2xl 4 to 5 sot is about right with 15 to 18 hours before charging

My pixel 3xl got 7 to 8 sot and 1 day battery before charging

My note 9
    10 sot 15 to 18 hours use alot
    Or 5 to 6 sot 2 days before charging not using alot
    How in the world do you get 10 hrs SoT
    recDNA likes this.
    11-29-2018 09:03 PM
    I notice that at&t note 9 and Verizon note 9 got better battery life than tmobile that's terrible
    11-29-2018 09:09 PM
    I notice that at&t note 9 and Verizon note 9 got better battery life than tmobile that's terrible
    Hmmm. I'll be on the lookout. I'm using the U1 version on Verizon
    11-29-2018 09:13 PM
    How in the world do you get 10 hrs SoT
    Tmobile. Note 9 6gb ram
    Attached Thumbnails Note 9 battery life.-246.jpg  
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-29-2018 09:22 PM
    Second full day. Definitely better. At 19%...

Jrome.brooks and mustang7757 like this.
    11-30-2018 08:36 PM
    This is pretty amazing. Charged up to 80% (trying that) yesterday at 11:45a and didn't plug up again until about 10:40p. Almost 11 hrs on battery from an 80% charge and almost 5 hrs of SoT.

12-02-2018 11:35 AM
    I can't complain when I'm off the charger for more than 48 hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 9 battery life.-104.jpg  
    12-02-2018 12:47 PM
    I definitely must use my phone too much. Lol
    12-02-2018 12:52 PM
    I definitely must use my phone too much. Lol
    My phone isn't my main computing device and I'm introverted so I don't talk to a lot of people often.

I definitely don't use my phone as much as others do.
    mumfoau likes this.
    12-02-2018 02:35 PM
    How are you getting such great battery life? I have the note 9 128gb model on AT&T and im lucky if mine lasts 8 hours. I charged my phone at 100 when i woke up 8sih this morning and by the time 1pm came it was at like 40 percent. Although, I did take a lot of photos and used navigation since im traveling on business, but it drains too fast. Its awful just as bad as my note 8. Phone is near brand new so nothing to hard reset.

I've wiped the cache partition several times which helps only temporarily. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
    12-02-2018 09:41 PM
    Tmobile. Note 9 6gb ram
    I ended up with an AT&T Note 9 and a T-Mobile Note 9. The T-Mobile Note 9 always got double the battery life over the AT&T one. I got AT&T to unlock the Note 9 and I loaded the T-Mobile firmware onto it and started getting the amazing battery life that my T-Mobile Note 9 was getting.

I'm not using these phones as much now because I'm using a iPhone XS Max as my daily phone but the standby times on the Note 9s is lasting about 4 days with about 4-5 hrs screen time.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-03-2018 01:25 AM
    I ended up with an AT&T Note 9 and a T-Mobile Note 9. The T-Mobile Note 9 always got double the battery life over the AT&T one. I got AT&T to unlock the Note 9 and I loaded the T-Mobile firmware onto it and started getting the amazing battery life that my T-Mobile Note 9 was getting.

I'm not using these phones as much now because I'm using a iPhone XS Max as my daily phone but the standby times on the Note 9s is lasting about 4 days with about 4-5 hrs screen time.
    Yeah for some reason TMobile works great for me.

That's amazing standby your getting,with SOT .

I have ATT sim also and which ever phone put it in doesn't give me the best battery life which is odd.
    12-03-2018 07:53 AM
    I am using note 9 exynos version.Battery life is great. 6 hours plus sot. I suggest not to use old phone backup app or settings data. I u backed up from old phone then reset app preference from apps,clear system cache,reset network settings,use medium power saving mode.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-03-2018 09:04 AM
    I am using note 9 exynos version.Battery life is great. 6 hours plus sot. I suggest not to use old phone backup app or settings data. I u backed up from old phone then reset app preference from apps,clear system cache,reset network settings,use medium power saving mode.
    Good tips for people struggling to get good battery life.
    12-03-2018 10:19 AM
    I hate battery savings modes of any kind. They either mean I get no tactile response, my screen isn't bright enough, weather doesn't update, my resolution drops to cheap phone quality or I don't get emails in a timely fashion. Why would I want to spend a grand on a phone to slow it down and dim the screen? My only complaint about Samsungs is others I've used drop 8 or 9 percent while I'm sleeping and phone should be. Android system just eats the battery and never any way to trace it. I admit I haven't tried the Note 9 yet but I have read others have the same issue. The 15 hour sot claims (hyperbole) strike me as people more interested in setting a record than enjoying the phone. They are running on low brightness low res and doing very little with phone while it's on. If you're gaming or streaming video or even chatting here at full res with everything syncing at 3 bars lte (typical where I am) I doubt you do much better than 5 hours continuous sot.

The tips are great. They DO work no question. I just don't want a dim, slow, unconnected phone. I don't know why anyone would unless involved in a natural disaster of some kind.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    12-03-2018 11:24 AM
    I hate battery savings modes of any kind. They either mean I get no tactile response, my screen isn't bright enough, weather doesn't update, my resolution drops to cheap phone quality or I don't get emails in a timely fashion. Why would I want to spend a grand on a phone to slow it down and dim the screen? My only complaint about Samsungs is others I've used drop 8 or 9 percent while I'm sleeping and phone should be. Android system just eats the battery and never any way to trace it. I admit I haven't tried the Note 9 yet but I have read others have the same issue. The 15 hour sot claims (hyperbole) strike me as people more interested in setting a record than enjoying the phone. They are running on low brightness low res and doing very little with phone while it's on. If you're gaming or streaming video or even chatting here at full res with everything syncing at 3 bars lte (typical where I am) I doubt you do much better than 5 hours continuous sot.

The tips are great. They DO work no question. I just don't want a dim, slow, unconnected phone. I don't know why anyone would unless involved in a natural disaster of some kind.
    All those modes and options were put in there for better user control .

Do you want best battery life? Do you want best screen resolution or fastest performance the device can put out?
    Then you have conservative mode for the in between gives you best of both worlds . For me I dont have to cripple my device to get my stats . Now if I want it to go more then 2 days or 3 days then I'm going to make some adjustments to get those results. At the end its what you want it to do but to go 1 full day should not be a issue regardless Sot .
    12-03-2018 11:54 AM
    SOT is the main thing I care about since I charge in the car so I'm often at 100 percent when I reach some destination then may well use the phone continuously for as long as possible. Often lte us weak so sot is severely hampered. I've never got more than 5 hours on any phone and never got lessnthan 4.
    12-03-2018 12:04 PM
    SOT is the main thing I care about since I charge in the car so I'm often at 100 percent when I reach some destination then may well use the phone continuously for as long as possible. Often lte us weak so sot is severely hampered. I've never got more than 5 hours on any phone and never got lessnthan 4.
    You definitely get close to 9 or 10 SoT just keep using it until battery gets 5%

Edit: I see your on LTE mostly just reread your post .. that's still good SOT with just LTE...I'm mixed 50/50 with LTE and wifi
    12-03-2018 12:16 PM
    How are you getting such great battery life? I have the note 9 128gb model on AT&T and im lucky if mine lasts 8 hours. I charged my phone at 100 when i woke up 8sih this morning and by the time 1pm came it was at like 40 percent. Although, I did take a lot of photos and used navigation since im traveling on business, but it drains too fast. Its awful just as bad as my note 8. Phone is near brand new so nothing to hard reset.

I've wiped the cache partition several times which helps only temporarily. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
    I don't know for sure. I usually have great cell reception, limit background data, use dark themes, and I don't use AOD. I also don't live on my phone, rather use a computer for most things still. I made it over 48 hours but had less than 5 hours screen time.
    12-03-2018 01:34 PM
    Bought my wife a note 9 unlocked from Best Buy about a month ago.
    Set it up from her S8+, which is on Verizon.

Asked her after a week, how her battery life was.
    She said no better than the S8+ I had.
    I said give it at least 3 weeks for the phone to adjust
    Asked her a week ago how her battery life was.
    She said it's definitely got better.
    I really like this phone.
    Glad you disabled Bixby.
    mumfoau likes this.
    12-03-2018 01:41 PM
    Mine is just God awful. Don't blame the AOD because it barely uses batteryclife. Also I disabled it for a week and battery was the same. Can't figure out why it's so bad. Last me 7 hours tops. Note 9 battery life.-screenshot_20181204-102440_settings.jpeg
    12-04-2018 12:27 PM
    Mine is just God awful. Don't blame the AOD because it barely uses batteryclife. Also I disabled it for a week and battery was the same. Can't figure out why it's so bad. Last me 7 hours tops. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181204-102440_Settings.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	295000
    Yeah something wrong..
    What carrier you using and steps you tried? Are you on mobile data most of the time?
    12-04-2018 01:07 PM
268 12345 ...