Note 9 battery life.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Only time I'm on Wi-Fi is at home or places that have it available. See screen shot below. View attachment 295003

439 apps you have lol maybe somewhere your problem
Now click to add always sleeping then you can add to the list from your apps , dont add important ones because you'll have to click on that app to get notification.
Your going need a little patience with this to figure it out.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
439 apps you have lol maybe somewhere your problem
Now click to add always sleeping then you can add to the list from your apps , dont add important ones because you'll have to click on that app to get notification.
Your going need a little patience with this to figure it out.

I'm not a newbie i've had android devices for many years. So what I have that many apps? I know how to add sleeping apps already. This is a 4000mah battery as I shouldn't have to be going through this after 3 months having this device. I do use a lot of apps but it shouldn't drain and get hot while sitting idle. Samsung support is brutal as I've tried to talk to them, there resort is always hard reset but that just is a band-aid as it can still occur weeks after that to boot.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not a newbie i've had android devices for many years. So what I have that many apps? I know how to add sleeping apps already. This is a 4000mah battery as I shouldn't have to be going through this after 3 months having this device. I do use a lot of apps but it shouldn't drain and get hot while sitting idle. Samsung support is brutal as I've tried to talk to them, there resort is always hard reset but that just is a band-aid as it can still occur weeks after that to boot.

I'm trying to help you, you obviously tried with tech support and few device and did basic troubleshooting yourself and haven't solved your problem . So all I can do is help you from my knowledge if you want we continue if you don't no problem .

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to help you, you obviously tried with tech support and few device and did basic troubleshooting yourself and haven't solved your problem . So all I can do is help you from my knowledge if you want we continue if you don't no problem .

What else do you have in mind to try?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
AT&T version. Seems normal, same as Note 8 and S8+, similar to my S9+ - upgraded both sets.

"Less is more" whether srrvers, desktop or phones. Too many cooks do spoil the "soup."

May be the only way to get a real test is to not load apps. The known culprits (Facebook is big resource hog always runs in BG). Apps carried over. 3rd party that hide extra payload.
Otherwise left comparing two different phones with same set of apps. Or if TMobile firmware is better....

I have weak cellular signal and don't enable aggressive switching between WiFi and cellular.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
How much storage left on your device?
Fastest way is get rid off all your apps except main 10 apps then see how your battery improves or manual put them sleep until u wake them up

I have a lot left around 80gb of storage. That has no relevance to battery life being affected. You're not making much sense considering majority of apps on my phone I need. Its mostly standby drain thats the issue, it heats up and drains.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a lot left around 80gb of storage. That has no relevance to battery life being affected. You're not making much sense considering majority of apps on my phone I need. Its mostly standby drain thats the issue, it heats up and drains.

I'm trying to get a better picture of what you have going on with your phone as I'm trying to help through a app and not there with you in person which is harder...

Do you have another device or back up to use ?

You have a lot of apps and it's a strong possibility one of them can be giving you a issue.

You said your getting only 7 to 8 hours total on the battery before charging?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
One rogue app is all it takes.
It doesn't require two gas gauges.
Forcing and cleaning can have adverse effect if apps needing to do more. They are designed to put a bootstrap in RAM.
3RD party cleaners are nearly always junk.
Security software is notorious for causing battery and performance issues.

At least once, resetting a phone without doing a restore is good to do. Also says, this phone does/does not display problem s xyz. Therefore the hardware is 💯A-ok.

Oreo 8.1 is fine. Even with ATT, Samsung and Google on top.

(I always have a phone for testing such as the S9+ and Pie right now)

Imagine how crappy a phone would run if the rogue app was doing crypto-mining.

The (my) Note never gets warm, let alone hot. Heat kills. A sign of something wrong. Even caused by a software race condition. Bad batteries. Even battery I'll can be cleared up by a reset. Which you've done. As long as you didn't put the same ingredients back into the soup.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
One rogue app is all it takes.
It doesn't require two gas gauges.
Forcing and cleaning can have adverse effect if apps needing to do more. They are designed to put a bootstrap in RAM.
3RD party cleaners are nearly always junk.
Security software is notorious for causing battery and performance issues.

At least once, resetting a phone without doing a restore is good to do. Also says, this phone does/does not display problem s xyz. Therefore the hardware is A-ok.

Oreo 8.1 is fine. Even with ATT, Samsung and Google on top.

(I always have a phone for testing such as the S9+ and Pie right now)

Imagine how crappy a phone would run if the rogue app was doing crypto-mining.

The (my) Note never gets warm, let alone hot. Heat kills. A sign of something wrong. Even caused by a software race condition. Bad batteries. Even battery I'll can be cleared up by a reset. Which you've done. As long as you didn't put the same ingredients back into the soup.
OK well aware thanks.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to get a better picture of what you have going on with your phone as I'm trying to help through a app and not there with you in person which is harder...

Do you have another device or back up to use ?

You have a lot of apps and it's a strong possibility one of them can be giving you a issue.

You said your getting only 7 to 8 hours total on the battery before charging?
No I do not have another device to use. This is my one and only device. How can there be a rogue app if majority of my apps are asleep when not in use??

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
After trying a number of things. Uninstalling and putting certain apps to sleep. Wiping cache partition, safe mode. I'm at a loss on what to do. See latest screen shots from today. This battery is utter crap. Android system using 12 percent to and background activity set to off. Screenshot_20181209-154859_Settings.jpegScreenshot_20181209-154921_Settings.jpeg

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset.

A factory reset is not clearing catch.

Done a mail set up.
Downloaded everything from cloud.

Have you gone to the carrier and talked with them ?

I've seen the carrier fix a problem be within minutes.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Never seen anybody with as many apps as you have on your phone.

Do you ever go to google activity. And go to my Google activity.
Then click on Today, and change it to forever.
And delete your google activity.
Then delete your google history ?

Still you have a tremendous amount of apps.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Say its me.

But when I setup a phone. I like to do it only over wifi.
And I don't mean over public wifi.

Think the installation is a lot cleaner.

If'n I'm wrong correct me.

And when I see a carrier, I only want to go to a authorized carrier and not a retailer.
If they don't help. I find another authorized carrier.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Never seen anybody with as many apps as you have on your phone.

Do you ever go to google activity. And go to my Google activity.
Then click on Today, and change it to forever.
And delete your google activity.
Then delete your google history ?

Still you have a tremendous amount of apps.

Well because I use a lot of apps plus this is also my work phone. Don't judge. What does google activity have to do with impact on battery? Just asking. I will try that but nothing seems to work anyway. Heavy user or not its a 4000mah battery and it doesn't hold up as well as advertised for me at least.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos