Note 9 battery life.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
That's true , I've charge my phone from 5%to 100 most of the time and let it sit overnight charging on occasions never needed a battery early or had battery problems. My iPhone x is over a year old and do same thing and battery life is at 93%. The logic behind charging up 80% is that battery dont see a complete charge cycle and that's what is said to prolong battery life that if it dont see complete charge cycle it last longer from my understanding.

Sounds ridiculous but okay. Samsung battery isn't as good as advertised rogue app or not.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Nothing came with any Samsung phone that said to only charge it to 80%
When the people from Samsung worked at Best Buy. I watched them bring everything from Apple phones to Samsung.
Took some classes from them at Best Buy that was free.
Never had , not one person from Samsung that worked in Best Buy ever tell me not to charge a phone to only 80%.
Never had anybody at any carrier corporate store ever say to only charge a phone to 80%.
Did work for Sprint stores, talked to the techs .
They never said to charge a phone to 80%

So I do not know where this got started from.
But I don't believe it's true
Think people feel that what they are doing might help.
But I will not believe it.

Bought a book called
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
In depth
By People Ibrahim from eBay.
Tells everything about the note 9.
And it says if a app does not close.
It will draw battery power

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
How can you say that ? I understand your frustrated but if you have a rogue app it would give any phone issues . I dont care if a phone has 7000mah battery.

There is no real way to tell that though for one. Normally device maintenance would indicate that but it hasn't lately. I check it every single day. If there was an app that can detect this that would be cool or if anyone knows of one for that matter.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There is no real way to tell that though for one. Normally device maintenance would indicate that but it hasn't lately. I check it every single day. If there was an app that can detect this that would be cool or if anyone knows of one for that matter.

I'm sure your checking everyday as would I if I had the problem also, did you look at that link I sent few days ago?
A app can go unnoticed wont show up anywhere but drain your battery

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
sometimes you have to be your own detective and backtrack again even though you did check before could of miss something

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
sometimes you have to be your own detective and backtrack again even though you did check before could of miss something

Article is 2 years old and i tried greenify, GSAM battery monitor is useless now since Android 8.1. Wakelock detector needs root and there is no root method for the note 9. Which is an awful lot of work considering the circumstances.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Article is 2 years old and i tried greenify, GSAM battery monitor is useless now since Android 8.1. Wakelock detector needs root and there is no root method for the note 9. Which is an awful lot of work considering the circumstances.

Question I want make sure I understand correctly and no I dont want look back through what you posted
You get total of 7 hours then need to charge the phone is this correct? Screen on time is what between 1-3 hours?

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Question I want make sure I understand correctly and no I dont want look back through what you posted
You get total of 7 hours then need to charge the phone is this correct? Screen on time is what between 1-3 hours?

Sometimes its less than 7, sometimes 4-5 and i need to charge it. I take the bus into work everyday Monday through Friday. Roughly an hour and a half commute with traffic sometimes longer. It will be at 100 when i leave my house. Wife drops me off at the bus stop which is a 10 minute ride in the morning. By the time I get there phone looses 5 percent with it just sitting my pocket. By the time im at work its down to like 60. Then by the time lunch hour comes with little to no usage I have to charge it up. If i don't the phone wont last my commute back home.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes its less than 7, sometimes 4-5 and i need to charge it. I take the bus into work everyday Monday through Friday. Roughly an hour and a half commute with traffic sometimes longer. It will be at 100 when i leave my house. Wife drops me off at the bus stop which is a 10 minute ride in the morning. By the time I get there phone looses 5 percent with it just sitting my pocket. By the time im at work its down to like 60. Then by the time lunch hour comes with little to no usage I have to charge it up. If i don't the phone wont last my commute back home.

Yeah you have something severely draining your battery .

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry my 80% charge comment raised so many folks blood pressure. I'm not a scientist but I am someone who is trying to train himself to use a device for more than a year. To that end, since Android devices don't have the battery health section in the battery stats like Apple, I'll try to follow the fairly widely adhered to guidelines to extend the longevity of my battery pack.

You don't have to do it with yours or even agree with my decision to do it. Lol

The point of my post was to say it seems that my battery had gotten worse since the beta.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995