How often do you really use the sPen?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have recently got my first note. I have always resisted as along with compromises on battery there has always been the sense of paying for something that I do not really need. After returning my green screened mate 20 pro though the cost of the Note 9 was actually £20 cheaper than an S9 plus so I went for it and picked up a 128gb blue model.

I prefer the feel of the Note vs the S9 plus (like the steeper edge) not really noticed any difference on battery or general use though. I have so far however barely used the sPen and right now unless I get something to physically sign I am not sure when I will use it, screenshots maybe?

Curious as to how people on here use it day to day?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I used the S-Pen on my Note 3 for almost 5 years, until I upgraded phones (and still use a stylus). Fat fingers, so I need the pen to tap little things.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use mine everyday for work, I write customers phone numbers and repairs being done with screen off and look at them later for the info . plus drop and drag files for my bookkeeper. haven't used it much for camera modes

Richard Stewart79

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
I use mine almost daily, jotting down phone numbers, notes real quick during a phone call. Smart select , and every once in awhile a selfie but on a rare occasion as I don't do selfies much

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Constantly. More accurate for touch and tapping.

Compared to S9+ the screen is also better, sharper, flatter. Typing is better. But do I write or draw or take notes, or use off screen features? No. And wouldn’t be without stylus.

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Every time I pull the phone out, I also pull out the Spen. I use it online to scroll up & down, tap the screen to enlarge it and it's much better at hitting those little links than my fat fingers are. I'm constantly taking it out & doing the screen write thing for quick notes, phone numbers, confirmation numbers etc. I'm using it now, to type this. Just take it out & start using it ,for anything & soon you'll find it's a great tool.

NourHany1

Sep 18, 2018
Visit site
I pretty much use it daily. I use it to draw, take notes and do quick study sketches for college, marking things on screenshots that I take with the spen as well, I have used the translate and extract text options quite alot too.
And sometimes I just like scrolling through the phone with it instead of using my fingers😁
It's my first note device too, so I wasn't sure if I was going to use it for anything other than drawing but now that I have it I find myself using it for alot of things.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I use mine weekly for note taking at meetings at work. I also use it for picture taking when I mount my Note on its tripod.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
A lot. More than what I originally thought. So many people at my job fire things off at me that it comes in handy. I also use it for my meetings or if I'm on the phone and they are giving me info I am going to need later. I've tried to use it to write my texts and emails but I find myself correcting them a lot if it's too lengthy.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks all, right now I have only used it for general navigation and screenshots so far. I use Google Keep otherwise I might use the note feature, I have had a play with the notes and it works well.

I was disappointed to have to return the Mate 20 as the hardware was lovely and the thing really flew but the Note (and S9 plus that I have owned before) are just more polished, I guess that is why Samsung drag their heels on updates.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I use the pen on average once every few days I would think. Will use it I need to remember something by writing an off screen memo. Use it with onenote to write notes as I'm researching things or writing talks. I find there is a difference in how my brain compiles a talk based on if I'm typing or writing, seems to flow easier when writing.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
It's nice going places and not worrying about having a pen and notepad. It's also nice selecting things from websites or text messages and extracting text to copy.

In short, it's my first time with a Note but I would really miss not having the S Pen if I went to another phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc