Temptations to buy Mate 20 Pro

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I chose to hold on to my note 9. A quick demo on mate 20pro made me think not to buy it- I didn't like the UI, you dont have AOD notifications, its just basic clock you see. I am not concerned with battery life. There is no day that battery runs out by eod on note 9, so will never buy it just because of battery life. Camera is better on Huawei esp wide angle and night mode, otherwise i feel note 9 is a wonderful device. Not spending any money on Huawei mate 20 pro unless they improve the UI drastically. I dont think they will be able to match it up to ONE UI that is officially being released soon.

I'm actually quite excited for one UI, didn't download the beta as the note 9 is my daily driver and I'm afraid I might mess things up. Looking forward to a fresher look with one UI:)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I chose to hold on to my note 9. A quick demo on mate 20pro made me think not to buy it- I didn't like the UI, you dont have AOD notifications, its just basic clock you see. I am not concerned with battery life. There is no day that battery runs out by eod on note 9, so will never buy it just because of battery life. Camera is better on Huawei esp wide angle and night mode, otherwise i feel note 9 is a wonderful device. Not spending any money on Huawei mate 20 pro unless they improve the UI drastically. I dont think they will be able to match it up to ONE UI that is officially being released soon.

The other thing I dont like no warranty in the US or customer service so you spend that kind of money and something happens your out of luck .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also how things are evolving here in canada for Huawei, i doubt if they dont ban it here and no updates

It's a shame , they are a big company and cant work out something from this happening . I have a 1+6 which is Chinese why it's not affecting them?

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
The other thing I dont like no warranty in the US or customer service so you spend that kind of money and something happens your out of luck .

Yeah I know right. Plus I change phone every 2 years so I don't wanna take the risk. Except for my previous iPhone hahaha. I couldn't wait to get rid of it...

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Man I love that finish on the back of that OnePlus 6t Maclaren with that subtle Orange around that carbon fiber. The reviews have been very positive with the 10gb ram, battery life, flying performance @ that price. Really gave Huawei run for their money at best phone of year by many reviewers.

It seems Huawei is doing what Samsung USED to do, especially how they differentiate their two flagships. The P & Mate.

Don't get me wrong I love Samsung especially their Note series but I feel like their holding back which I understand from a business perspective. What Apple does with their iPhone.

I honestly wanna sell my 9 for either the OnePlus 6t or the Huawei Mate 20 Pro but getting low balled and OnePlus didn't bring back Satin White and the Mate is too expensive. I am not attached to one company, I want the latest.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Man I love that finish on the back of that OnePlus 6t Maclaren with that subtle Orange around that carbon fiber. The reviews have been very positive with the 10gb ram, battery life, flying performance @ that price. Really gave Huawei run for their money at best phone of year by many reviewers.

I've been watching some reviews on the mate pro vs 1+6/T .. the processor in the Huawei mate pro is bad *** , but the 1+6 was right with it just to show how well optimized 1+6 is and fast

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know right. Plus I change phone every 2 years so I don't wanna take the risk. Except for my previous iPhone hahaha. I couldn't wait to get rid of it...
I bought an XS Max a few weeks ago and am using it as my daily phone. I have T-Mobile on the eSim and an AT&T Sim card in it as well.

I sold one of my AT&T unlocked Note 9 last night (got $400 for it) and still have my T-Mobile Note 9 that I put away in it's box. I'll just keep it rather then taking the huge loss that I took on the other Note 9. It's hard to get much for them these days with all the deals carriers offered for Christmas.

I'm loving my iPhone though.

I'll likely buy the S10 and Note 10 when they come out. I usually buy both.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I bought an XS Max a few weeks ago and am using it as my daily phone. I have T-Mobile on the eSim and an AT&T Sim card in it as well.

I sold one of my AT&T unlocked Note 9 last night (got $400 for it) and still have my T-Mobile Note 9 that I put away in it's box. I'll just keep it rather then taking the huge loss that I took on the other Note 9. It's hard to get much for them these days with all the deals carriers offered for Christmas.

I'm loving my iPhone though.

I'll likely buy the S10 and Note 10 when they come out. I usually buy both.

You made someone's Christmas 400.00...

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You made someone's Christmas 400.00...

Someone was happy. I was trying to sell it for $700 back in October and got zero interest in it back then so I only lost $300 over these months. Not too worried about it. AT&T still showed the phone was owed money when he ran the IMEI but I reminded him that the phone would not have been unlocked by AT&T if it hadn't of been paid off.

There are people in Craigslist selling them for $600 still and they won't get that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Someone was happy. I was trying to sell it for $700 back in October and got zero interest in it back then so I only lost $300 over these months. Not too worried about it. AT&T still showed the phone was owed money when he ran the IMEI but I reminded him that the phone would not have been unlocked by AT&T if it hadn't of been paid off.

There are people in Craigslist selling them for $600 still and they won't get that.

Its incredible a phone launch about 3 or 4 months ago lost so much value, I think it has more to do people dont want to pay top dollars anymore or just dont have that kind of money to spend.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
if u see the thread mate 20 pro already got dec security update which is amazing...I have note 9 as my daily driver...and will be getting the mate 20 pro aswell ....will have 2 best android phones...I am in India ...I pre ordered mate 20 pro and getting free sennheiser headfones worth 500$ which is great...gonna sell my backup phones like lg g7 and redmi note 5 pro....should get mate 20 pro by Tom will post my initial preview soon...have booked twilight color...

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
if u see the thread mate 20 pro already got dec security update which is amazing...I have note 9 as my daily driver...and will be getting the mate 20 pro aswell ....will have 2 best android phones...I am in India ...I pre ordered mate 20 pro and getting free sennheiser headfones worth 500$ which is great...gonna sell my backup phones like lg g7 and redmi note 5 pro....should get mate 20 pro by Tom will post my initial preview soon...have booked twilight color...

Congrats! I think you'll enjoy the mate 20 pro but be careful of the green screen problem as my friend had that issue and he took it in for an exchange.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Cool..I have my iPhone x still.

I wasn't a big fan of the iPhone X/Xs design, though I find it growing on me now. That was why I made the switch from iPhone to Note.
Especially since coming from the iPhone 7 I didn't want to get the iPhone 8, which looks almost identical.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wasn't a big fan of the iPhone X/Xs design, though I find it growing on me now. That was why I made the switch from iPhone to Note.
Especially since coming from the iPhone 7 I didn't want to get the iPhone 8, which looks almost identical.

Yeah from 7 to 8 design wise not much different but 8 had wireless charging which I like . But the x design I liked from beginning .

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Ummmm I've had the December security update on my phone since the 18th December. Just double checked there. Samsung is doing really well keeping this phone updated security wise. Mines is UK unlocked.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz