I was so tempted to buy Mate 20 pro and sell this Note 9 off (because of face id unlock and better night shots camera & back plate looks - thats it) but then i would just visit their forums and read the "ongoing issues" - ugly UI, basically useless AOD - I would drop the idea totally and happily keep my Note 9
    11-14-2018 02:00 PM
    I was so tempted to buy Mate 20 pro and sell this Note 9 off (because of face id unlock and better night shots camera & back plate looks - thats it) but then i would just visit their forums and read the "ongoing issues" - ugly UI, basically useless AOD - I would drop the idea totally and happily keep my Note 9
    Looks like a beautiful phone with nice features but not as established as the note line and doesn't offer anything more for me ...Only way I'll give up my Note is with another Note😉
    11-14-2018 08:24 PM
    Don't, just don't!

I canceled my pre-order after reading the issues they have. That is NOT acceptable by any means for any phone, be it cheap or flagship.

Read my post there about this: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 | Page 2 | NotebookReview
    Mathrania likes this.
    11-14-2018 09:17 PM
    Thanks for your comments guys.. ..it Gives me more reasons to not buy mate 20 pro
    mustang7757 and strikeIII like this.
    11-14-2018 10:24 PM
    If it helps I had the P20 pro for 2 months. over hyped IMHO... no contest- NOTE 9
    Snappy Phoenix and strikeIII like this.
    11-15-2018 05:19 AM
    I'm currently using the Matte 20 X.
    While the Mate 20 group of phones are outstanding and Huawei keeps improving them each year, I think you'd be just a little bit let down coming from a Note 9.
    strikeIII likes this.
    11-15-2018 06:21 AM
    I felt similar but decided against too. the note 9 has far too many good features to give up just yet
    strikeIII likes this.
    11-15-2018 06:37 AM
    No chance for the mate 20 pro in the tournament , the note 9 is very stubborn rival who can do lot more, with added functions of the stylus.
    strikeIII and adegbenroagoro like this.
    11-16-2018 03:36 PM
    Had a Mate 20X for three days... Second Huawei for such a short time. I can't wrap my head around how Huawei reverts settings all the time. Beautiful designs, too bad EMUI is so restricted. The longer I'm using my OnePlus the harder it is for me to switch elsewhere. I know the Note line, fantastic device and with the new OneUI coming I'd say they've got the better device.
    strikeIII and kevinpleasants like this.
    11-16-2018 07:58 PM
    ^This is what I keep telling people. Their hardware is great but their software and UI is not there yet. Still needs a lot of work. Overly hyped product. I've used them but immediately don't like them. If they do what One+ is doing they would blow One+ out of the water.
    TMavC5 and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    11-16-2018 09:29 PM
    Their UI sucks and now the chinese versions are blocking third party launcher like NOVA....if this gets rolled out to all the variants, it will be a mess...

https://www.xda-developers.com/huawe...rty-launchers/
    11-19-2018 12:23 PM
    Their UI sucks and now the chinese versions are blocking third party launcher like NOVA....if this gets rolled out to all the variants, it will be a mess...

https://www.xda-developers.com/huawe...rty-launchers/
    Some like the UI, some don't. Personally, i like it. I like stock android better, but I've used Huawei devices for years. I've gotten very accustomed to it. About the launchers. They are locking the launcher on the Chinese variant due to smaller, local venders installing a fake EMUI launcher loaded with malware and spyware.
    The global version launcher can be changed to whatever you'd like.
    Mathrania likes this.
    11-19-2018 03:43 PM
    Ran pubg on my friend's mate 20 pro and it was a slightly smoother experience than on my note 9. Feeling abit sad as this is the only aspect I find my note 9 lacking, intensive gaming.
    12-02-2018 01:21 PM