12-20-2018 02:47 PM
65 123
tools
    I understand why most people are upset but! The themes are unique and in my opinion they are inexpensive! .
    Beansr519 likes this.
    11-22-2018 09:17 AM
    I just use swift installer to theme my entire phone. With Android 8.0 and up you can theme Samsung devices outside of samsung themes. Also with goodlock you can theme the notifications. If you use substratum and Andromeda you can also change your font as well.

Most of those you have to pay for, I have no problem supporting these developers.

I am glad that Samsung is doing away free themes. Shows support for the developers that put their own time into themes. Unless they develop for a big company most these people use their free time to make these. If $2.49 is way to much for a theme maybe switch back to a flip phone.
    11-23-2018 01:01 PM
    I pay for a cup of coffee.....that's gone in about 10 minutes. I certainly think if I like a theme then it's worth paying someone for after all, you pay for the developers time & expertise.
    11-23-2018 04:32 PM
    I just use swift installer to theme my entire phone. With Android 8.0 and up you can theme Samsung devices outside of samsung themes. Also with goodlock you can theme the notifications. If you use substratum and Andromeda you can also change your font as well.

Most of those you have to pay for, I have no problem supporting these developers.

I am glad that Samsung is doing away free themes. Shows support for the developers that put their own time into themes. Unless they develop for a big company most these people use their free time to make these. If $2.49 is way to much for a theme maybe switch back to a flip phone.
    My problem actually if I won't like the Night mode on Pie is that my favorite theme currently is a free one. I've tried on some of the paid ones (there's a trial period), but they barely last 3min on me and I got back to my favorite one, and it's a free one. Lol.
    (Material Black by MINU)
    That guy's got a lot of nice themes and they're all free I think. And all my favorites are his.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    11-23-2018 06:32 PM
    My problem actually if I won't like the Night mode on Pie is that my favorite theme currently is a free one. I've tried on some of the paid ones (there's a trial period), but they barely last 3min on me and I got back to my favorite one, and it's a free one. Lol.
    (Material Black by MINU)
    That guy's got a lot of nice themes and they're all free I think. And all my favorites are his.
    So your problem is that you don't want to pay the developer for all of his hard work that you seem to really enjoy.

They are not going to be deleting the themes just charging for them after 2 weeks.
    11-23-2018 06:55 PM
    So your problem is that you don't want to pay the developer for all of his hard work that you seem to really enjoy.

They are not going to be deleting the themes just charging for them after 2 weeks.
    How will I pay for something that is free? As in there is no paid option?
    I'll pay for it if it was paid. But it's not. Are you saying that if I don't pay for say, Google Keep, I don't want to pay for it? It's freaking free with no payment option.
    11-23-2018 06:57 PM

Here's a theme by his that I haven't downloaded. It's his hard work. I like it. So how am I supposed to pay for something with no payment option?

And nowhere did they say they're charging after two weeks. After two weeks it will just revert to default theme.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    11-23-2018 07:07 PM
    I'll pay for it if it was paid. But it's not. Are you saying that if I don't pay for say, Google Keep, I don't want to pay for it? It's freaking free with no payment option.
    Lmfaoo😂😂😂
    Beansr519 likes this.
    11-23-2018 07:17 PM
    I am sure there will be a payment option added with the launch of Android 9. That is when the theme application will be updated.

You can always reach out to the dev and ask them how it's going to work as well.
    11-23-2018 08:49 PM
    Just went ahead and bought a couple of Cameron Bunch themes, thereby committing to the S10. The heart wants what the heart wants and nothing enticed me to trade in my S8. Cheers.
    11-25-2018 12:36 PM
    Just went ahead and bought a couple of Cameron Bunch themes, thereby committing to the S10. The heart wants what the heart wants and nothing enticed me to trade in my S8. Cheers.
    I decided to wait after the update. The only theme I bought ever doesn't work in Oreo which makes me miffed (used on S7 Edge from M to N). I'd hate to buy now and find out the one I bought won't carry over. Lol.
    11-26-2018 12:15 AM
    12-20-2018 01:51 PM
    It's not so much a question of quality. Rather being forced out of your free theme after fourteen days and set back to the to the default theme. And Samsung hasn't been clear whether those free themes will remain free or become pay themes after the fourteen day period has expired.

Paying for a theme isn't a big deal. I've paid for themes. IMO, I'm already paying the markup on the device. A couple of free themes isn't too much to ask. Especially when they've been free for so long.
    You quoted me, but I was asking Angie about her statement about quality.
    12-20-2018 02:25 PM
    Wow. You are completely missing the point of themes.
    COMPLETELY!!! #insertfacepalm
    12-20-2018 02:26 PM
    There are no "bad quality" themes. The free themes are no different in quality compared to the payed themes.
    You quoted me, but I was asking Angie about her statement about quality.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    12-20-2018 02:47 PM
65 123