8gb Note 9 vs 6gb Note 9 battery life.

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if there is any difference with battery life between the 8gb version and the 6gb version. Also, I am with Sprint and they are now offering the 512 8gb version (but only in black).

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Battery life can be different with every user. My wife has the 6 and I have the 8 and we both get excellent battery life. I can easily go 48hrs and still have 40-50 percent left with the 8GB one.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
More RAM will use more power than less RAM, but the difference between 6GB and 8GB is negligible, amounting to a few seconds of screen on time per charge, so even the same person switching between phones, and using them the same way will notice no pattern in which gets more battery life for what reason. Not having to kill apps to make space for another app, then having to bring it back later will save more battery life than the additional RAM will use.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the big one. The wife has the little one. We have not noticed any difference.
Is your phone faster? By this I mean do you have quicker access to apps or more snappy behavior in any discernable way? I don't need the 512 but thought the 8 gb ram might make it faster than my old Samsungs.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Is your phone faster? By this I mean do you have quicker access to apps or more snappy behavior in any discernable way? I don't need the 512 but thought the 8 gb ram might make it faster than my old Samsungs.

No it will not make your phone faster. You can check out a few videos made by YouTubers where they put the 6gb and the 8gb side by side to do tests.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

The 8GB of RAM is why I choose this model. We have not done any side by side comparisons. I can't image there is no difference, but may only be seen under heavy loads, which may be difficult to achieve.
I figured more RAM would add to 'future proofing'.
Neither of us have been disappointed in battery life.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The 8GB of RAM is why I choose this model. We have not done any side by side comparisons. I can't image there is no difference, but may only be seen under heavy loads, which may be difficult to achieve.
I figured more RAM would add to 'future proofing'.
Neither of us have been disappointed in battery life.
The 8gb is what draws me to this phone. If stores carried them I'd have one already .

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Probably one with continued, excellent cellular service.

Yea the cell service is a huge drag unless you have full bars... I have the 8 gig and I love it. No telling if it's faster than a 6 gig but I would assume there's SOME DIFFERENCE... like quicker with more apps open... The phone might perform quicker towards the end of the day... I dunno... I constantly hit the device maintenance button... I walk.around at 100% status... Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2